Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Get yo special issue -- Read All About It!
Josh and Randy just finished the coverage:
http://www.4x4wire.com/events/2003/bajarocks/

By now, you've seen our updates on the top few finishers (no formal results posted yet), you know that Tracy (the Technician) Jordan won, spotted by Don (Tiny) Robbins...

But there's a surprise here that is pretty news-worthy....
Who was it who said IFS couldn't compete?

Well, it might not be able to compete with the Twisted Customs boys (Tracy nabbed every single bonus point at finished 83 under -- Jason netted more than his share of bonuses and ended up 13 under), but Randy Ellis drove his can't-possibly-win IFS buggy to a #3 finish, well ahead of the solid-axled crew...

I'm sure you'll see more coverage on this, but just remember where you saw it first! :p We're sure Liz will....

Wish I coulda been there...

Randii

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Wow...tracy is really coming into this like a bad mofo... I wish I had the ability to drive as much as he does... that's freakin' AWESOME.

As for Skinny taking 6th at a money event... his family oughta be happy this venture is finally paying off... :flipoff2: Bad ass Adam.

Doug

·
Premium Member
17,783 Posts
I assure you that Randy Ellis didn't get 3rd place.... I'm sitting on Dan Brown's computer here in Cabo, btw. :flipoff2:

Many of the scores are badly hacked.... Drivers carried the only copy of the scorecards :rolleyes: and gate penalties are crossed out on some of them, etc. :shaking: We will probably never know the exact outcome, but can only speculate on what is on the scorecards.

What we DO know is that Tracy and Don cleaned house. We know that Jason did a great job securing second place without his spotter Travis (he had an injury and had to go to the hospital - he's doing ok now). And we know that RJ and I came in LAST place! :D:D:D:D

·
Registered
4,633 Posts
"After Day 1, the 'unofficial" scores had Tracy Jordan leading with 2 back-ups and 1 reversal for the day, Jason Paule, John Gilliland and Randy Ellis were all tied for 2nd place."

The story is about as accurate as the judging!:flipoff2:

We were way ahead of John G on the first day, but the breakage killed us on the 2nd day.

-SD

·
Premium Member
9,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The story is about as accurate as the judging!:flipoff2:
They are not-so-directly related --- since the judges didn't score, the photographers' had to try... at least we reported it as unofficial! :p

Lance, how's your ass? Need us to send a Taco Bell care package laced with Preparation H and Neosporin? :flipoff2: Get well, soon, you've got a long drive!

Randii

·
Premium Member
17,783 Posts
randii said:
Lance, how's your ass?
It hurts! :D

We checked out of our hotel today and are staying with Dan tonight. They are working on the scores as we speak. I of course will attempt to sneak them onto here before anyone else gets a hold of them. :evil:

Kelly and I are caravaning home with Dan. It's gonna be a loooooong drive with this azzz! (I got pics, wanna see? :barf: :D:D:D)

·
Premium Member
9,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I assure you that Randy Ellis didn't get 3rd place....
Will be interesting to see the final places when (if?) the dust settles on scoring.

I'm still pretty impressed with the little red IFS buggy... the one everything thinks (thought?) was such a bad idea, that looks to have finished in the big money. :p

Randii

·
Premium Member
17,783 Posts
Here are the unofficial official standings. Make what you want of them. It's accuracy is a joke, but here ya go: :rolleyes:

1 Jordan
2 Paule
3 Ellis
4 Lillard
5 Palmer
6 Berikoff
7 Hamilton
8 Gilleland
9 Skinny
10 Bunch
11 Copsey
12 Runion
13 Webster

And Randy's buggy is still :rainbow:

·
Premium Member
9,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
How unofficially official are the standings?
Dan's gotta release a placings list and start making payouts sooner or later... would be cool to see some scores attached to these placements....

And Randy's buggy is still :rainbow:
One that kicked some serious ass.
One that earned about 15K?
I'd like a ride...

Randii

·
Registered
4,536 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm still liking the score clusters.
* Tracy and Jason well under zero (1 & 2)
* Mr. IFS at 59 (3)
* Neil and Mike in the low seventies (4 & 5)
* Al, Brian, John, and Adam right around 90 (6, 7 & 9
* Jason, Charlie, Daren, and Dustin near a hundred (10, 11, 12 & 13)
* a few more spread across the mid one hundred range
* RJ & Lance past three hundred?!?! :eek:

I'll quit beating the IFS drum for a bit, Lance, if you tell me how the hell you guys scored 365 points? Was there some advertised high-score prize? A penalty for bringing Taco Bell into the land of real tacos? :p

Randii

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
randii said:
I'm still liking the score clusters.
* Tracy and Jason well under zero (1 & 2)
* Mr. IFS at 59 (3)
* Neil and Mike in the low seventies (4 & 5)
* Al, Brian, John, and Adam right around 90 (6, 7 & 9
* Jason, Charlie, Daren, and Dustin near a hundred (10, 11, 12 & 13)
* a few more spread across the mid one hundred range
* RJ & Lance past three hundred?!?! :eek:

I'll quit beating the IFS drum for a bit, Lance, if you tell me how the hell you guys scored 365 points? Was there some advertised high-score prize? A penalty for bringing Taco Bell into the land of real tacos? :p

Randii
Mr. IFS:confused: Look again.:flipoff2: IFS= independent front suspension. You should know better.;) :D

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
bad luck

Well Lance and I broke on the third obstacle. I thought I broke my gears in the rear but after I got it home and took it apart we found that Tera had missed a weld on the rear so my dana 70 end where the bearings ride came off.(the cone spindle part) The only thing that was holding my wheel on was my caliper. It stripped my locker out but an easy fix. I called Tera and they said no problem. Their going to get me a locker and I'll weld it up and be ready for St George. We had a good run till then. But it's all good. They had cold Tecate on the trail so Lance and kicked back and pounded some beers. If your going to break Cabo is a good place to do it!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.