Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been seachin, but I'm not having much luck finding some pics of how people are putting high steer arms on there 60 ball joint knuckles.I have a 60 out of a 04 superduty and need to get the steering up out of the rocks.Could some post up some pics of how they made there arms or point me in the right direction.

Thanks

·
Registered
591 Posts
Heres what my local machine shop did for my '06 Ford 60, just milled the top flat, with a step/key and then tapped 4 holes through the knuckle.

·
Registered
987 Posts
OTT built a crossover arm for a huge Super duty that was built by North Shore Offroad and shipped to Japan.... it kinda had the same thing that you have going on, Milled and Keyed but it also wrapped down the front of the knuckle

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Heres what my local machine shop did for my '06 Ford 60, just milled the top flat, with a step/key and then tapped 4 holes through the knuckle.

This is what I was thinking of doing.Had any trobles with it?Your knuckle looks different than mine.The 06 must of had bigger brakes than the 04.On my knuckle the upper caliper mount is closer to the ball joint.I'don't think I can get that much of a flat pad on top of my knuckle.

Thanks for the pics.Are there any more?

·
Premium Member
9,361 Posts
Got mine from Eric at EMSOFFROAD. awsome. I am running the older style BJ outers but the same concept.

So far it is great. 6 studs, giant keyway and super beefy.

·
Premium Member
7,183 Posts
Got mine from Eric at EMSOFFROAD. awsome. I am running the older style BJ outers but the same concept.

So far it is great. 6 studs, giant keyway and super beefy.
Thats some badass shit, but I couldn't find it on their website. Can you tell us what it set you back? did you send them your knuckle?

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
If you go highsteer on BJ or KP knuckles, tie the high-steer arm into the stock location somehow. This is a good example.

·
Premium Member
9,361 Posts
Thats some badass shit, but I couldn't find it on their website. Can you tell us what it set you back? did you send them your knuckle?

It is new, mine were the first! They are indeed badass. The bolt that goes down to the stock arm is 3/4" and connects both together.

They are not on the website yet, but if you call Eric he can help you out. Tell him Dan sent you, 570 437 4200.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Here's what I ended up doing.Machined the top of the knuckle with a step and taped it for 5 -1/2" bolts.torqued them down to 110 ft/lbs. Sorry about the shitty pics

Thanks for the pics guys!

·
Premium Member
7,183 Posts
Topping a good thread. I was looking at my 97 BJ front today and I see that they eliminated the boss for the brake caliper when they did DozerDans HS arms. Dan if you are out there can you give us the rundown on your brake components and how everything worked out with them?

·
Premium Member
7,183 Posts
I talked to Eric at EMS today. He gave me a ballpark price of 400 for the machine work on the 1st gen ford BJ knuckles as illustrated including the high steer arms. He can also work with the superduty unitbearing knuckles but I didn't inquire a price on them. He was very helpful with all my questions.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts