Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
60,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ball Joints, whats the differences between the types/brands anyone know?

My choices for lowers are:
McQuay Norris FA660G @ $21.99 (lifetime warranty)
TRW 10253 @ $42.99 (lifetime warranty)
TRW 10253HD (heavy duty) @ $42.99 (lifetime warranty)

I ask, because funds are tight, and while all have the same warranty there is a huge price gap between them. I'de just assume cheap out if a joint is a joint to some degree, since they all have the same warranty, it's no big.

If this has been covered before, sorry, but I probably suck at the interweb and did not get the answer through search.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Travis Waldher said:
Ball Joints, whats the differences between the types/brands anyone know?

My choices for lowers are:
McQuay Norris FA660G @ $21.99 (lifetime warranty)
TRW 10253 @ $42.99 (lifetime warranty)
TRW 10253HD (heavy duty) @ $42.99 (lifetime warranty)

I ask, because funds are tight, and while all have the same warranty there is a huge price gap between them. I'de just assume cheap out if a joint is a joint to some degree, since they all have the same warranty, it's no big.

If this has been covered before, sorry, but I probably suck at the interweb and did not get the answer through search.
I used to be a fan of TRWQ suspension components, but over the past three to four years, I think their quaility has went down hill fast.

But a lot of times, especially with parts, the less expensive usually means less quality (Kia vs. Rolls Royce analogy).

·
Registered
60,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree, but they all carry teh same warranty.

So, the question is, the Moogs I have right now lasted about 12 months of wheeling and daily driving.

Are the cheapies so cheap I'll only get 4 months out of them? or is it closer to 10-11 months. Which IMO, would make the price worth it.

I will only buy with a lifetime warranty though, those 36"SX's seem to love to eat balljoints.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts