Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a set of four Ballistic weld on beadlock rings for a set of wagon wheels sometime ago. There was a miscommunication between Jeff and I. I wanted all the weldon rings cut to 17", they also cut the clamp rings to 17".

I have a 1/4" to 1/2" distance between the edge of the clamp ring and the true bead end / edge. What you all think? Do they need to be bigger?

·
Registered
4,787 Posts
Uhhhh, yeah.:laughing: Or weld them on 16.5's. and get new tires. That gap will be filled with crap in no time, and you will only be clamping a small portion of the bead itself. Just my opinion, after seeing a real beadlock (Allied) spin inside a tire on a 4 banger rig.

Good luck,
Easy.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
i dont see a problem
my staz works 2 piece double beadlocks are the same way

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
you need to look at a few more beadlocks chad
:flipoff2:

mine are EXACTLY like that. they clamp just fine. just try it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
That will defenitly destroy the tires. Been through the same problem and need new tires because of it. It will cut the bead.

·
Registered
4,787 Posts
That will defenitly destroy the tires. Been through the same problem and need new tires because of it. It will cut the bead.
I would not "just try it" as that is not correctly built. You "just try it" and its yours, being a weld on item and all. If the inner weld on ring fits I would weld it on while I was waiting on the correct outer rings. But I guess I'm anal like that.

Rick.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will take the blaime for this. Just a miscommunication. I just wish they were 17 1/2" od and I wouldn't even be posting all this. I guess I am just wondering if this is enough to warrent throwing more money at wheels I should have not bead locked and just gone after some H1 rims.

The weld on rings are all welded up and fit well. Just wondering about the clamps...

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
2 questions.

Did the welded on ring fit just inside of the wheel?
Are the outer rings the same size as the welded on ones?

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
round off the edges on the out side ring and run it

·
Registered
740 Posts
Mine looked just like that. They were from KORE though. Your pic looks normal to me. Mine are mounted on Iroks also. Same gap between edge of outer ring.

·
Nose to grindstone
8,178 Posts
If the bolt pattern is centering the tire (It should) then you dont need a larger ring than you have. I have ran beadlocks even smaller and had good success.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
chad just lay a couple of beads in the outise of the outer ring :flipoff2:

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hello Chad, I have a note here in the computer that states that you requested all 8 rings to be cut to 17"... we normally but them to 17.375" unless otherwise directed! -Jeff
Like I said I'll take the blame. Thought we were only going to cut the weld on rings to 17" and leave the clamps cut to whatever you normally cut them to. Is there anything we can do?

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
Hello Chad, I have a note here in the computer that states that you requested all 8 rings to be cut to 17"... we normally but them to 17.375" unless otherwise directed! -Jeff
doesn't sound like he's ripping you guys, just if it's worth the money to have them remade or if they are ok.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts