Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a promo email this morning for Ballistic shocks. Anyone know the story on this? Sorry if this is old news. Does that other company (Truxxx?) still sell them too?

(I have hybrid coilovers and love them)

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome, thanks guys - what I meant to ask was, how do you personally feel about Ballistic Fabrication and what issues are you currently having with their mailing list?

·
Owner TWF
9,235 Posts
I got a promo email this morning for Ballistic shocks. Anyone know the story on this? Sorry if this is old news. Does that other company (Truxxx?) still sell them too?

(I have hybrid coilovers and love them)

Dan,

I'm going to help you out here. Ballistic hosed a lot of people on this forum. They took money from a lot of people, didn't EVER ship their products. So much so that they got banned by Pirate.

That being said I don't know anyone that would buy from them. Why would they? This is why you are seeing talk about their BS emails that they send out (that I get too and wish the fawkers would quit).

You are not going to get a lot list of people post up on this subject saying anything good about ballistic, their shocks or anything other than the fact that a lot of their friends got fawked by ballistic.

Todd Aka the nice guy that told the "rest of the story"

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Todd Aka the nice guy that told the "rest of the story"
Thanks, yeah I do know the story. I had a big order with them last winter and it got pretty screwed up but they took care of me so I'm still a customer.

I couldn't be less interested in any of that though, I was just wondering if anyone knew why they brought the shocks back.

I might as well have asked what y'all thought of the president, global warming or Palestine.

·
Registered
632 Posts
I am looking for the response on who is making the shocks for Ballistic. I know ADS use to make them for TRUXXX and ballistic, but TRUXXX went away and Ballistic wasn't really ready to sell shocks.

I will have some of the first full in house ADS shocks this week, took them over 6 weeks to make, just imagine the vendor taking there stocking time as well...

Custom high end machined parts are not being pumped out at the rate as FOX or Kings.. FOH is way terrible when it comes time to get a product at your door step.

Ballistic peops are not that bad, agree with some long awaited parts, but other companies like FOA make you wait as well.

We are Americans, give to me NOW...

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
I am looking for the response on who is making the shocks for Ballistic. I know ADS use to make them for TRUXXX and ballistic, but TRUXXX went away and Ballistic wasn't really ready to sell shocks....
ADS is making them for Ballistic. Made them for Ballistic before, made them for Truxx and is still making them for Ballistic. I don't know what happened between Truxx & ADS. Maybe someone in the know can chime in. I was told that the issue with Ballistic was paying their bill at ADS. That has been resolved and ADS is making shocks for them again. Pretty simple really.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
ADS is making them for Ballistic. Made them for Ballistic before, made them for Truxx and is still making them for Ballistic.
I'd say that pretty much sums it up.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Well, I know ADS does not want to be a sole vendor doing machining and retail sales. Ballistic has worked with them before, see how it goes...

ADS makes some really good stuff, just sucks the retail guys screw it up, but after waiting almost 7 weeks for my in house ADS shocks, wonder how long that wait from the retail guy had something to do with ADS making the shocks on time???

If you want the real ADS shocks direct from them you can get them through my buddies at Crossedupoffroad.com, they are a few blocks away and have been running their shock lines for a few seasons.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks to you guys that chimed in up there with some real info. That helps out - I never knew who actually made them. I knew it wasn't Ballistic but always had my concerns about long term parts availability and support since they were a new product but I took a gamble.

I think Ballistic told me 4 weeks from payment to delivery. I think it took 3 months. My shocks were at the back of the line behind all the KOH stuff at the time. I was pissed. I missed out on some good wheeling that spring.

but damned if I wasn't completely impressed when I finally got them.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
you were completely impressed with the work of another mfg not ballistic. they did nothing more than repackage them and charge you shipping from mfg -bal, then bal - you.
your right, and the bananas I got at Safeway today were fantastic. Good for safeway and good for del Monte. Bottom line is I got good bananas.

·
Fistful of Boomstick
45,473 Posts
I wish someone would fuck me in the ass and then I can be impressed with the hand job I got with it. :laughing: sounds like such a deal.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts