Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Not sure where to post this info. [smilier=bal_ask.gif]
I know of 2 guys who are running this header and I just ordered mine. http://www.autopn.com/store/pc/viewprd.asp?idProduct=20009

Found this thread on NAXJA forum: http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73552

2,17,06 Ordered 2 of these. I fat-fingered my zip code and they called me about it within 2 hours of placing order. Was told I should have header in less them a week. Was on another line and couldn't ask more info about header.

2,20,06 Received second call to make sure I wanted 2 headers and not 1. I also asked about warranty and was told header has a 1 year replacement warranty.

2,21,06 Received conformation of shipping along with tracking numbers at noon today.

Well, headers showed up as scheduled. They look good. It weights just under 13 lbs and flange is 1/2" thick, 2 piece. I am impressed with the welds inside the tubes in collectors with good clean assembly. I have detailed pics of welding and collector inside views. PM me your email address and I'll send them. It's a 24MB .rar file so you can enlarge to see detail. If anyone knows how to post them, I'll send them to you to post.

Thank

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Nice! I am curious to see how it works out for you. I keep putting off getting a new on for my heep. I have had my eyes on the Banks one as well. Problem is, i'm just a cheap bastard :D

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Interesting.. They reworked their webpage on these. It now says lifetime warrenty and 321 stainless. This is new in the last couple of days. So is the instruction sheet and second picture. I'll have to call them Monday and get my Limited Lifetime Warrenty too! Oh! And when you order, tell them Lloyd turned you on to them.:D

·
Registered
11,406 Posts
Well at least they are using 321 and not that 409 lame shit Banks is using. Shoot man. I was asking my machinest about using 409 SS for my exhaust and he laughed at me and asked why I would spend so much on something so inferior to 304 which is what Borla uses

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
Anybody put one of these on a TJ? They look the same as a Borla 17127. Anybody know if they will work for a TJ?

·
Premium Member
1,378 Posts
Doc Holiday13 said:
Well at least they are using 321 and not that 409 lame shit Banks is using. Shoot man. I was asking my machinest about using 409 SS for my exhaust and he laughed at me and asked why I would spend so much on something so inferior to 304 which is what Borla uses
I am not really sure where your machinst gets his info, but 409 has a better high temperature corrosion resistance than 304. Isn't that the main reason to use 409 over 304. I mean you aren't using it for strength reasons are you? I have the Banks header and it works great for me, though I had to get a replacement one, the first one I got was from a bad welding lot. But they replaced it free of charge.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I thought 400 series has more metal(steel) content than 300 series? 400 is also magnetic. I used to sell SS dril kwick screws that were 400 series and zinc plated so they wouldn't rust. The high metal content made the screw harder so it could drill metal.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Just got it yesterday. Seems to be a good replacement for what I'm currently running - as it sits on the bench. Welds seem tight, 1/2" two piece flange. It has slightly over 2" id at the collector...

Tubes are not magnetic, as I'm told true 321 should be. Slightly magnetic at the bends (ferrous rub off from the die?) and welds.

Maybe this week-end I'll get it installed?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts