Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here's my build, I've owned her for just about 3 years. Hope you guys enjoy!

2010 Nissan Frontier PRO4X

Performance:
- Volant CAI
- Banks Power Exhaust
- Bullydog GT Tuner

Exterior:
- Fiberwerx Front Fenders
- Calmini Rear Tube Bumper
- Self Made $20 Grill
- Self Made $5 Spare Mount
- Removed the OEM Roof Rack
- Door Jam CB Mount on rear driver light running a 4' Firestik II
- PA Horn
- Hella Supertones
- Bebadged
- 285/75/16 Toyo Opencountry M/Ts
- 16x8 Procomp 7089s

Interior:
- Cobra CB Radio
- Alpine Single Din Unit
- Weathertech Floor Liners

Front Suspension:
- OEM Titan LCAs
- PRG Titan UCAs
- SAW 2.5 Ext Res Coils
- Tie Rod Extensions
- M205 Differential w/ 3.36 Gearing
- Titan Half Shafts

Rear Suspension:
- 2" PRG AAL
- 2" PRG VH Shackles
- Bilstein 5125 Shocks
- M226 w/ 3.36 Gearing and factory E-Locker

Future Upgrades:
- Paint the new fenders and upper valance OEM QM1 white.
- Fabricating new front tube bumper. (Sold the Calmini)
- Sandblast/Powder Front/Rear Bumpers. (Not sure on the color yet)
- 315/75/16 M/Ts. (Not sure what mfr I'll run)
- Trim and pull the rear bedsides.
- If the bedside pulling doesn't suffice, run Fiberwerx rear bedsides.
- Fabricate a hinged tire gate.
- Modify the Calmini Rear tube bumper to add a receiver and flip up license plate.
- PRG Race Deaver Pack
- Shock Hoop the bed
- BTF LT UCAs/LCAs/Axle Exts
- Titan Spindles, Hubs, Calipers, MC
- 4.10 Front/Rear Gears
- Front Lokka
- Boost it running a bay mount T3 variant on a conservative tune.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How is that mount attached? Is is screwed straight to the tail light or is it on the side of the tailgate pocket?

It's attached on the inside of the tailgate utilizing one tail light screw and one that I added. I believe the mount is called a door jam mount.

·
Oh Jesus Tits....
2,668 Posts
CB looks like a shin buster for a passenger.

And I just can't get used to those front fenders. Function over form I guess.

did you upgrade to the Titan diff housing too or keep the weak R180?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
CB looks like a shin buster for a passenger.

And I just can't get used to those front fenders. Function over form I guess.

did you upgrade to the Titan diff housing too or keep the weak R180?
It definitely has busted a few including my own. I wanted to mount it in another location, but that Cobra unit is unfortunately too big for anywhere else. I may opt to sell it and grab the handheld all in one unit since it's mainly used just for trail rides.

The fenders are definitely functional. Some love them, some hate them. I think they'll look a lot better once they're color matched and the new bumper is fabbed for it.

I wouldn't call the R180 weak. Not as strong as the M205, sure, but not weak by any means. I put it through quite a bit of abuse and it never let me down. I did go with the Titan M205 differential. It made no sense to get extended axles at $600/set when you can get an M205 geared in 3.36 for less money and better benefits. Just seeing that the M205 axles bolt to the flanges had me sold. Plus if I snap a Titan CV I'm out $50, not $300. I'll plan on running 4.10s and a front locker as I get further into the build and wear down my 33s.

·
Under Powered
905 Posts
I wouldn't call the R180 weak. Not as strong as the M205, sure, but not weak by any means. I put it through quite a bit of abuse and it never let me down.
Considering that the earlier V6 trucks used the R200A in a cast steel housing with less horsepower, and all the newer trucks spit the aluminum housing R180A out regularly, yes I would call it weak. The older 4 cylinder trucks used the R180A and at best those in the D22U chassis put out 143Hp, not 265. All I can figure is that Nissan was banking on the taller ratios in the new trucks to produce less stress on the housing; that calculation did not work out.

·
Under Powered
905 Posts
Those fenders certainly look better with paint on them. Can you step back about 20 feet and take another, smaller picture from the front?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Those fenders certainly look better with paint on them. Can you step back about 20 feet and take another, smaller picture from the front?
Some shots from a truck meet here in Tampa this weekend.

·
Oh Jesus Tits....
2,668 Posts
Considering that the earlier V6 trucks used the R200A in a cast steel housing with less horsepower, and all the newer trucks spit the aluminum housing R180A out regularly, yes I would call it weak. The older 4 cylinder trucks used the R180A and at best those in the D22U chassis put out 143Hp, not 265. All I can figure is that Nissan was banking on the taller ratios in the new trucks to produce less stress on the housing; that calculation did not work out.
Agreed, and those early R180s were cast iron diffs, not aluminum. Have seen several of the aluminum ones split like an egg. it's honestly the one thing that keeps me away from the 2nd gen trucks....well, that and the heater knob 4wd. I hate that.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ya just of the bed. Looks good with the bumper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks man. Helps with departure angles and the wheel base not slamming the ass end crawling.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Few projects this past weekend.

️ Modified front bumper to accept Comet 500 off-road lights.
️ Restored rusted Calmini rear bumper and coated with bedliner.
️ Color matched and clear coated light covers.
️ Fabricated a quick disconnect for the bed mounted spare to free up space when needed using the existing utilitrac system.

Upcoming weekend I plan on restoring the front bumper along with retrofitting H3 HIDs into the Comet lights.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.