Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
FYI...(Per the Pacific Ranager Station phone person)

The FS and their increasely flawed wisdom have decided to close the Barret Lake Trail due to wet conditions. But...somehow it is still to dangerous to have a fire in a campground that doesn't have a camp host. :shaking::shaking:

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
Dammiit , Marlon:D

this belongs in the Nor-cal section.....

The forest circus knows all:laughing:

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You're right...move it??

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
I just love the way the FS bullshits to not allow us our trails.:mad3:

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
Traded Fordyce for Barrett huh? eye roll....
... I had better see that trail open again before I die...

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
I just love the way the FS bullshits to not allow us our trails.:mad3:
We went in friday night. The conditions were white out snow. 2-3 inches. most all of the snow was gone buy saturday night. The trail was damp after the snow melted.

·
Premium Member
2,406 Posts

The FS and their increasely flawed wisdom have decided to close the Barret Lake Trail due to wet conditions. But...somehow it is still to dangerous to have a fire in a campground that doesn't have a camp host. :shaking::shaking:
I have an email into the District Ranger to clarify how it cant be to wet for one activity at the same time it is to dry for another.

·
Premium Member
5,906 Posts
Typically, the gate will be closed when a storm comes in. I would bet with the minimal precipitation, the gate is open or will be soon.

I have been in there many times on this particular weekend. It does snow about every other year or so.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I'll buy you lunch if that gate opens again before next year. I've never seen it reopen at this point in the year.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I called the number on that site which says...call for current conditions. I called and they said it closed Sunday evening.

·
Premium Member
2,214 Posts
I'll buy you lunch if that gate opens again before next year. I've never seen it reopen at this point in the year.
Is that just Scott that gets the lunch, or anybody who shows up and wheels the trail between now and the end of the year?

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
While I'm quite confident it will remain closed...:D

Nope...just Scott. :p

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
I spoke with the Pacific Ranger District yesterday and they told me Barrett is closed for the season and the gate will not re-open this season.

·
Premium Member
2,406 Posts

Well at least they have now lifted the fire restictions

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Not sure if I'm following correctly. They waited till the rain to open it up... right? Then now that it rained it's too wet to have open, so they closed it??

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Not sure if I'm following correctly. They waited till the rain to open it up... right? Then now that it rained it's too wet to have open, so they closed it??

Actually they don't wait "Until" the rain to open. They wait until the rain has stopped and the trail has dried up...then open. Then they close it upon the first heavy rains. I just don't think we've had enough rain to justify closing this early. I've talked to people that were on the trail this weekend and they saw no puddles...just damp soil...which is what they look for to open the trail. :confused::confused:

Fire restrictions being lifted is nice...at least they did that.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts