Actually they don't wait "Until" the rain to open. They wait until the rain has stopped and the trail has dried up...then open. Then they close it upon the first heavy rains. I just don't think we've had enough rain to justify closing this early. I've talked to people that were on the trail this weekend and they saw no puddles...just damp soil...which is what they look for to open the trail.
Fire restrictions being lifted is nice...at least they did that.
No worries...Thank you Marlon, I think I got Barrett mixed up with another trail I had it turned around.
YesSeriously though...have you ever seen the Barrett trail reopen after it has closed? Been running that trail for 15 years and I've never seen it reopen in one season.
Well here it is Nov 9th and the trail is bone dry...so the Indian Summer might just become reality. This Sat/Sunday there's a small front and maybe something Tuesday, but neither will have much of an impact on conditions. Doubt they'll open Barrett, but I wish they would for next weekend. We have a three day.After today the conditions will be much closer to wet than dry. It still remains that it could dry out and we still can see an "Indian Summer". Considering the FS stance I agree after today that they would not likely open The Trail until next year. So, I miss another year on the trail. I will make it next year.
ps Hey, I'll buy you lunch...............