Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
POR Member
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if the last rain (9/20) caused the gate to be closed?

I was thinking about heading in and looking for Deer since it's the rifle opener this Sat.

·
Premium Member
881 Posts
http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/eldorado/conditions/ohv/

According to the FS website, the trail is open.

If anyone discovers a trail closed that is not posted closed on the website please let us know and we will make a strong point of how the FS needs to keep their website up to date.

Thanks,

Doug

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
Heard folks on the radio that are on the trail as we speak. OPEN!

·
Premium Member
5,906 Posts
Enjoy, because we have a storm coming, it should drop an inch or two. I do know that the gate can open again if there is dry weather for a spell after it is closed.

·
Premium Member
9,568 Posts
No. Barret Lake trail is on the proposed alternative map. It will **LIKELY** remain open.
I tweaked the response a bit... there's no guarantees.

Randii

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
we are getting snow at higher elevations.. hunters at Robb's mentioned snow at Wrights lake.. if anyone knows if Barrett is open please post..

will fordyce open due to the rain??? trade on for the other?

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Does anybody have the gps coordinates for the plane wreck or at least general directions. On another note, how or is there, fishing in Barrett lake?

·
Registered
841 Posts
Does anybody have the gps coordinates for the plane wreck or at least general directions. On another note, how or is there, fishing in Barrett lake?
The gate:
N 38 51.144'
W 120 14.449'

The lake and camping area:
N 38 54.372'
W 120 13.842'

The wreck:
N 38 55.204'
W 120 14.193'

Follow the trail on the hill behind the camping area, and you'll find the wreck. I don't know about the fishing, but there are at least two other lakes up there to choose from.

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
Fishing isn't usually great. Barrett is a very shallow lake.

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
Me too, Shannon. I think we can start hating Jethro now...

·
Registered
6,946 Posts
I stood on one rock up there late in the evening and caught (and released) around 15 Brookies on a small dry 'Blue Dun'... That was last year though. I haven't fished it this year. There is another lake just above Barrett. (can't remember the name just now) that has a good population of brookies too... You have to hike up there but it's just a short distance... :D:D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts