Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Hi Landers site said no the other day (2-3 back?)

·
Registered
8,979 Posts
No. FS just started clearing the campground before trailhead. No word on condition of Barrett from the office...i don't think its even been surveyed yet. If it has...they haven't relayed info to front. Word on street is possibly might not open this year. No info on Hi Landers page.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
El Dorado USFS Facebook info on Barrett

Posted July 18 on fb
UPDATES: The gate to Wrights Lake Recreation Area will be opening tomorrow, Friday, July 18th at 9:00am. All day use areas, wilderness trailheads and campgrounds will be open. Barrett 4x4 Trail will remain closed until dry trail conditions are present.

·
Registered
8,979 Posts
Projected possible opening date is Aug 19. That means Hi-Landers and USFS likely going in 17 or 18 to follow up and inspect trail condition

Hopefully green light is given :smokin::grinpimp:

·
Registered
8,979 Posts
If trail opens...I'll be there 20/21...Dirtyjed might show up along with Xjchopper/Rubirunner85 :flipoff2::grinpimp:

Come find my bright green 1st gen Yota and i'll toss ya some beers:flipoff2:

·
Premium Member
1,636 Posts
I'll probably be there to, I owe Dirtyjed a couple of cocktails from last year.

·
Registered
8,979 Posts
Barrett Lake opened the 19th.

We ran it yesterday and today. Trail is in good condition and just as hard as typical. Run it before the dumbs dumbs get out there and tear it up.

Once again...this is my favorite trail in NorCal and if you've never ran it...you need too.

Gonna go back in a few weeks possibly if your interested.

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
Barrett Lake opened the 19th.

We ran it yesterday and today. Trail is in good condition and just as hard as typical. Run it before the dumbs dumbs get out there and tear it up.

Once again...this is my favorite trail in NorCal and if you've never ran it...you need too.

Gonna go back in a few weeks possibly if your interested.

Never ran barret when I had the truck. Would an ATV make it in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,979 Posts
Never ran barret when I had the truck. Would an ATV make it in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've heard of people doing it in stock SXS.

I guess it could if you can actually ride..some of the rock sections has no bypasses. Unless your talking a 4wd quad...then i don't see why not. It's definetely for the more experienced rider though...:confused::homer:

·
Registered
8,979 Posts
How much of a mad house is this trail likely to be on Labor day weekend?
It'll be a ahitshow.. for lots Labor Day weekend is last time they wheel rocks for year...

I might go again day after Labor Day as i'll be in area anyway

1 - 20 of 49 Posts