Pirate 4x4 banner

Barrett Open?

6K views 48 replies 18 participants last post by  Wh1t3NuKle 
#1 ·
Curious if Barrett lake trail is open yet. Want to head up there in a couple weeks.

#4 ·
No. FS just started clearing the campground before trailhead. No word on condition of Barrett from the office...i don't think its even been surveyed yet. If it has...they haven't relayed info to front. Word on street is possibly might not open this year. No info on Hi Landers page.

#6 ·
El Dorado USFS Facebook info on Barrett

Posted July 18 on fb
UPDATES: The gate to Wrights Lake Recreation Area will be opening tomorrow, Friday, July 18th at 9:00am. All day use areas, wilderness trailheads and campgrounds will be open. Barrett 4x4 Trail will remain closed until dry trail conditions are present.

#11 · (Edited)
Barrett Lake opened the 19th.

We ran it yesterday and today. Trail is in good condition and just as hard as typical. Run it before the dumbs dumbs get out there and tear it up.

Once again...this is my favorite trail in NorCal and if you've never ran it...you need too.

Gonna go back in a few weeks possibly if your interested.

#24 ·
The top has been grinded a bit since last year. I think the widest point is at the pole OD to pole OD. The top plates over hang a bit...but were worst last year.

Someone drove over the gate while it was locked this year as well.

Of course we all know the old stories of what use to happen to the gate/poles.:D

#38 ·
My Dad scrapped the whole side of his Cherokee on that rock. That was his first real dent and he was pissed all weekend. For some reason we had a heck of a time there. I ended up going first and helping the other with a strap or winch.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.