Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Re: Bassi Falls trail permanently closed!

I called FS today and they claim it is open to Millionaire Camp and you must walk from there. How far is the Camp from Icehouse Road? I don't want to drive up there if I can only run 1 mile of trail.

Thx.

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
The camp is less than 1 mile in and it could be driven to in a honda civic.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Whitewater said:
The camp is less than 1 mile in and it could be driven to in a honda civic.
Damn...we're running out of trails. Is there another trail similar to Bassi that is within a couple of hours of Sacramento?

I need some suggestions. I'm pissed about Bassi and even more pissed about how trashed the place got.

·
4x4 Consultant
7,424 Posts
Tell ya what if I do find a trail thats close I wont be posting it here on the BB. Yep I heard about Bassi and that really sucks. That was one of the 1st places I tried Rockcrawling.........Fawking kids with no respect and straight up losers got that place closed.:mad: :mad2: :mad:

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
I thought it was closed due to change of ownership or that it was being leased not being closed just to keep us out.

·
UTVGuide.net
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
RudeZuk said:
I just want to thank all of the piece of shit people whos moms didnt show them were the F'ing trash can was:flipoff: :flipoff: :flipoff:

I have an idea......Next time you want to litter like that......Do it in your living room!!!!!!!!!!!!1
The biggest problem according to the Forest Service, was trail proliferation (erosion). Now can you see why it is important to stay on the trail?

Crowdog

·
Registered
27,625 Posts
There are a lot of little things that lead to trail closures, one of them are the people who buy a new truck or urban assault vehicle with an "off road package" and think they're trail ready. They do a lot of damage due to an improperly equipped vehicle and lack of experience. I spent 2 hours pulling a guy out of the snow in his stock f150, not aired down, off road equipped truck. He thought he could make it six miles through 3 feet of powder. Really, we don't need to start pointing fingers, that's easy to do. If you see someone being an ass, enlighten them, if you see trash on the trail, pick it up. I hope that when I have kids, I'll still have places to take them. If you like a trail, do as much as you can to keep it from being closed.

·
Wicked Raciest !
17,734 Posts
The reason that the trail was closed is that the falls are private property and the absentee owner just found how it was being used and was worried about libilty issues!! I also think the way that it is always trashed had a lot to do with it.

·
Premium Member
668 Posts
The land at Bassi falls was owned by SPI they traded the USFS for another spot of land somewhere else in the woods. Bassi was to expensive to log so they traded it away for a better peice of land that was cheaper to log and also scored some points with the USFS and the eco-freaks.It is to bad glad I got to there a few times

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
ya i to believe that the stupid ass people that go there because there rig seams to be a "off roader" and they can't pick up there mess. last time i was up there there was a dumb ass guy in a stock 4runner that was drunk as hell just running over shit and geting hung up on the stumps that were be side the trail. :shaking: and you all wonder why it happened. it was the first trail that i took my truck on too, but i had a detriot locker in the rear so i din't fawk shit up like a stock truck could/would

Cliff

by by bassi:crybaby2:

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
twn44s said:
The land at Bassi falls was owned by SPI they traded the USFS for another spot of land somewhere else in the woods. Bassi was to expensive to log so they traded it away for a better peice of land that was cheaper to log and also scored some points with the USFS and the eco-freaks.It is to bad glad I got to there a few times
You live this close and REALLY think that? Holy cripes- the whole area around bassi was recently and is still being logged.

The reason that the trail was closed is that the falls are private property and the absentee owner just found how it was being used and was worried about libilty issues!! I also think the way that it is always trashed had a lot to do with it.
Look at any map, and you will stand corrected- it IS public land (usfs) Although you do have to travel over private land to get there.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
UTVGuide.net
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Aggro said:

You live this close and REALLY think that? Holy cripes- the whole area around bassi was recently and is still being logged.

Look at any map, and you will stand corrected- it IS public land (usfs) Although you do have to travel over private land to get there.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Aggro:

Based upon what the forest service told me (which I posted above), you are correct. The land at the falls is forect service, but you must cross private land to get there.

I am expecting to hear more from the person assigned to that area from the forest service. When I find out more, I will post it.

Crowdog

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Crow: are you speaking with dave or jeff? or??? Are you working with pacific district? dave is hard to get ahold of, jeffs story varies a little....

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
1) Some property is owned by Van Vleck family (sp?)

2)They (the family, usfs, eco's) wanted it closed for rehab, due to many factors posted on this board.

3)They closed it, then decided to logg it just durring and after its closure for $$$. And, after it has been logged the trail will need even longer time for rehab of being logged.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts