Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yes, i searched, no specific info on the Bates 1130 durashock steel toed boots.

anybody got a pair? i need a new pair of work boots, they need to be steel toed this time, and these look to be great with some good reviews.

also looking at danner but they are a lot more $$$$. i can get the durashocks for about $75 on sale right now. comparable danners are at least 140 and sometimes more :eek:

any feedback on the bates is greatly appreciated :)

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I work as a corrections officer and I'm on my feet for a while and I wear the Bates brand boots , they are made by Wolverine ! I wear the lightweight lowtop version and they are great , almost like sneakers . I replace mine about every year as they are priced reasonably , I get mine through Quartermaster .

·
Registered
9,708 Posts
I like Danner's boots as evidenced by my owning two pairs of their hunting boots. One pair is an upland field type boot and the other is a waffle tread muck type boot. They are both extremely comfortable and wear well. I applied Sno Seal the first day I got them and it has definitely helped to preserve them. If Danner's work boots are anything like their hunting line, I wouldn't hesitate to get them.

·
Registered
7,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i went to my local army/navy store on friday. they have a huge selection of boots, most brands. i tried a bunch on.

the danners were really nice, very comfy, but equally as expensive.

they had nearly every boot made my wolverine and ga boot company. i have had ga boots before, and liked them, so i tried a bunch on.

i narrowed it down to a pair of danner acadia's, bates M-9s, and a couple of pairs of ga boots.

the bates m-9s won. they are super comfortable and less than half the price of the danners. time will tell how they work when i'm on my feet 5hrs a day in them, so i'll post up again in a couple of weeks.

here they are:

and the sole

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
I think I'm going with the M-9's too. I really like the tread pattern, hopefully they are comfortable as they are going to be my duty boots.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Try Converse Boots also....they are stupid cumfy and are nice and tough...I have worn them in Iraq in the Stan and Africa and here in the US...they resist staining and blood washes of easy to :D you culd jog in these no shit...whe wuld play Bball in them in Iraq
http://www.lapolicegear.com/cotasatoesib.html
Oh yeah and I have also used Bates...when used hard the soles will crack in the middle of your foot especially in the cold and they tend to twist your ankles because of the ankle design My 0.2

1 - 7 of 7 Posts