Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to see what everyone has in the way of battery chargers. I have one kinda like this http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00002265E/ww2links-20/002-5183084-8998413 But yesterday i managed to get it smoking pretty bad, and now I think it is almost completely dead. Not to mention the time before that i used it my optima started hissing from what i think was overcharging. So what should i go for? Another one of these century chargers, or some other one? What do you use in your shop?

Thanks

Garrett

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
I have a 2/10 amp automatic Schumacher that I've had for probably ten years. Never once given me an ounce of trouble. I think I bought it at Sears? It has a 2/10 amp fast or slow charge switch with automatic shutoff when it reaches 100%. It also does deep cycle batteries, helpful for me to charge up the two batteries on my boat for the stereo before I head out. I don't remember the price but it was probably $50-60 I would guess. Schumacher has been around for a while, my Century welder sucked and I wouldn't buy anything from them again.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts