Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ask this question over on the Chevy board and didn't get any takers, maybe somebody here can help me out.

I going to build a stroker 409 and use the 6.135 BB rods. I have seen several referances to a "dimpled rod". Can someone explain the significants of the dimpled rod and how I identify them??TIA...09

·
Registered
778 Posts
the dimpled rod is a high perforamce rod. came in 3/8 and the 7/16 rod bolt versions. the dimple is just below the wristpin. you can dig them up but pretty hard to find. I run regular rods with good bolts for years in my drag car and mud cars before I went to running alum. rods. What combo to get the 409?

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks for the reply. As far as the 409 goes. It's a true 409, as in "W" Motor...348/409... 1958 to 1965 "She's real fine, my 409" by the Beach Boys.
May be before your time. Anyway I'm gonna put a BB427 crank in either a 348 or a 409, haven't yet decided, but I'm not to familiar with the BB stuff.. Thanks....09

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.