Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may seem a like a bit of a contradiction but I am interested to hear some experiences regardless.....
I have had rockstomper beadlocks for about 10 years. They work great (never lost a bead) but are a PITA to mount/dismount in my driveway ( no jokes) with my 38.5 SX. I think some of the reason is due to the weld on design. Looking at a set of 17's this time around and I was wondering who has the best "maintenance friendly" beadlocks that still function as intended? Also considering double beadlocks which shoul make it easier as well.
Thanks
Eric

·
Registered
12,251 Posts
Anything made by Hutchinson(hummers, Rock monsters, etc.) Or Stazworks.

I love having 2 piece wheels, it's real easy to swap tires around, not much muscle involved, and you get the benefits of double beadlocks. I'm on my 2nd set of hummers, and my next set of wheels are likely going to be Rock Monsters.
http://www.rockmonsterwheels.com/

·
Registered
445 Posts
How about the pneumatic internal beadlocks from Staun? I have never used them or know anyone who has but they seem like a good idea. They will also double the cost of whatever wheels you put them on.

I have mounted tires on a set of HMMWV wheels and agree that a two piese wheel is way easy to work with. The only issue is that they are only 16.5 not 17 like you are looking for.

·
Registered
12,251 Posts
How about the pneumatic internal beadlocks from Staun? I have never used them or know anyone who has but they seem like a good idea. They will also double the cost of whatever wheels you put them on.

I have mounted tires on a set of HMMWV wheels and agree that a two piese wheel is way easy to work with. The only issue is that they are only 16.5 not 17 like you are looking for.
I know a couple people tearing stauns. their fault or not, it happens. And last I heard, true or not, Staun Australia had closed it's doors and product was virtually unavailable.

Hutchinson makes the H1s, but the also make a bunch of other 2 peice wheels.

·
4x4 Consultant
7,424 Posts
My Trail Gear and Trail Ready wheels were about a 3 Keystone Per wheel deal.

Whats the big deal......if you are taking them off every weekend then I can see. Once a year maintanece and tightening bolts is job with Beadlocks.

·
Master Tinkerer
1,319 Posts
There is nothing better that H1s.....you can fix or change a tire anywhere with one tool!

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
i have always had diy beadlocks until now. recently purchased a set of stazworks (albiet 15") and had one helluva time getting them mounted on 42' sxII's. they are of outstanding quality, hope to hell i never cut a tire though.

·
Registered
265 Posts
i run these on my megacab and the inner bead is a PITA to remove. i had to take them to a tire shop. i could not even run the bead over to pop it. but they were super easy to put new tires on and balance perfect with little weight for a street truck. i love my KMC beadlocks for my street rig with occasional 20psi and dune runs, i get crazy looks when i fly past a quad at 70mph in a 8,000 lb truck. weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

·
Premium Member
7,489 Posts
My 8 year old allieds mount and dismount great compared to other brands that I have used. They also use the nut-serts instead of nuts and bolts, so its even faster. I can mount them with no spoons at all, and dismount completly I can do in the driveway in 10minutes per wheel from start to finish.

But I agree, its not like you mount and dismount a lot, but thats my opinion.

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
I love the KMCs in the rocks and have had great results...unless you count when Dave Cole raced my rig once and the caliper came off and cracked the inner wheel in half when it cocked...(he is rough on stuff I hear).

I like the fat inner bead they have on them since it makes it unnecessary to have inner locks. Does make removing tires a little tougher, but I just sell the wheels with tires when I need new tires. ;)

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
we have been running quite a few east coast race series (rcq, rc rocks race series, line mountain) for the past 2 years on a set of KMC wheels from zach, and they are still in almost perfect condition. we have no issues with them whatsoever.

·
Premium Member
19,786 Posts
With a diy lock, switching the nut to a serred nut will make a lot easier because you don't need a wrench to hold the nuts.

·
Premium Member
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I love the KMCs in the rocks and have had great results...unless you count when Dave Cole raced my rig once and the caliper came off and cracked the inner wheel in half when it cocked...(he is rough on stuff I hear).

I like the fat inner bead they have on them since it makes it unnecessary to have inner locks. Does make removing tires a little tougher, but I just sell the wheels with tires when I need new tires. ;)
Zach
Would I be able to get these in a 17x10 with a 8 on 6.5" pattern for 1 ton axels? Looks like only a 8.5" width is available on the website.
Feel free to email me if u prefer.
[email protected]

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
Yes, the KMC Enduros are only available in 17x8.5" at this point. We will also be carrying the ATX beadlocks as soon as they are available through the distributor.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts