Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not affliated with Tennessee Offroad. They are running a special on Allied and MRT bead locks for a couple days, I just orderd a set of 5 Allieds.

More info here.

Their (866) 248-8638 number. Dan Moses is out of that shop, competes in the ERoCC series.

Do want you want with the info...just passing on the information.

·
Registered
897 Posts
The special runs untill tuesday the 4th of feb. He said the orders will ship by friday of the same week. They are some smokin prices so jump on it if your liikin for wheels. I am not affiliated w/TOR either.

·
Premium Member
4,938 Posts
I got my 17" Allied beadlocks through Dan. The price was great and the service was equally as good.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
I'm sure they are great guys and have a good deal, but it really annoys the shit out of me when the price listing says "call for price". How gay is that. Not just to bag on them, everybody does it.

·
For Kayla
25,340 Posts
broncorob said:
I'm sure they are great guys and have a good deal, but it really annoys the shit out of me when the price listing says "call for price". How gay is that. Not just to bag on them, everybody does it.
part of the reason that is done is because when you contact a company to sell their stuff, they say you can only list a price so low. If you want to sell it below that, you can't list it and they have to call. I know Teraflex does this for sure.

Say you get something for 550 from Teraflex, but you have a sale and want to sell for 530. Well, if they say 550 is the lowest price you can post, then you have to put "call for pricing". Mostly it would seem to be for pricematching reasons, but I'm not sure. I know of someone who was actually dropped by Teraflex cuz he sold something for under their low price to someone, and that person got on like JU and said "hey, i got XXXXXX for XXX dollars"... someone saw that and reported to Teraflex and they dropped him...'

It sucks, but it's the nature of the beast.

·
Registered
11,471 Posts
JParuBob said:
I know of someone who was actually dropped by Teraflex cuz he sold something for under their low price to someone, and that person got on like JU and said "hey, i got XXXXXX for XXX dollars"... someone saw that and reported to Teraflex and they dropped him...'
Uhh... this one's illegal... I'd call a lawyer on it. Tera can screw up his pricing structure, they can screw up his delivery times, but terminating him as a dealer because he sold cheaper is conspiracy to fix prices and/or conspiracy to restrain trade. I think both are felonies.

But the main reason for the "call for price" thing is so that places like 4WP, who price-match, don't have to price-match lower prices on stuff that they want to make more money on. They beat up manufacturers to have MAP pricing, then they go around it by having "sale prices" in their stores or "call for price" themselves, then wonder why nobody has any respect for their pricing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts