Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought an AA dual case adapter and i decided to press the bearing in it today, one seated great and with ease the other gave me some troubles and i couldnt get it to seat, im just wondering if it will cause any problems or if it does no require any tight tolerances

Ben

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nope, i dont remember that in the instructions, what should i do??? i dont think it is coming out in one peice

Ben

·
Wicked Raciest !
17,734 Posts
It will not be in the instructions; it is some you learn from experience!!! Were you using a hydraulic press? If you can not get it out in one piece you will have to buy another one. I would also check the bore top and bottom once you get it out.

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
Benny said:
What would happen if he left it that way?

My forward case shifts really stiff and I am trying to figure out why...
my crawler case for my buggy shift's like crap too, what i found it to be was the coupler 's teeth get wear mark's worn in them with age, and the new center piece with teh adapter's not worn in and rounded for hte worn coupler to slide on... flat file time ;)

·
Wicked Raciest !
17,734 Posts
I have nevr put on together either, Marlin built mine so I do not know what it would do. It just does not look right to me. Here is the place you shoud be asking the question.

http://64.246.16.91/~admin22/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl

This is Marlins help BB:D

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
I cant really tell from the pic but if it is not pressed in all the way to be seated gonna have to get it to seat. I cut that bearing out of my donor case thinking AA didnt give you one. I used the old one to press in the new one and worked just fine with the press. Do you have something the right size. I f not brass drift at the edges.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
I will asume that you did NOT buy this adapter from marlin crawler, and for doing this you will suffer that fact that the company you bought it from will probly not help you out and fix it. at least marlin would press the brearings in place and back up any problems you might have. and sorry to be negitive but next time spend a little more $$$ and you all wont have to fawk with this kind of stuff and the same goes for the AA gear sets too.

now how to fix. first pull the bearing back out, and go get a new one from toyota. the bearing would normaly be in the case that would support the front output shaft you will see ( at the dealer ) they have an illistrated parts breakdown or the t-case, and there is only one bearing that looks like the mest up one. get a new one. check to make sure there is not abig bur on the in side of the adapter were the bearing would ride if there is debur it with a sharp tool but try not to gowge the aluminum so bad, net put the bearing in the freezer as OPP'S said, and a few hours later pull it out and imediatly put to it in place and push it in. it should push in pretty easy, i would use a socket with a reduced ring around it like a mac socket trying to find one may be hard but find some thing that in no larger than the O.D. of the bearing. if it don'tpush in by hand ( no joke) try the block and hammer and make sure it goes in straight. thats what i would do so take it or leave it:D

Cliff

1 - 13 of 13 Posts