Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

AS BUTCH WILL BE SURE TO POINT OUT, EVERYTHING I DO ON MY CRUISER IS LIKE A TRAIL REPAIR. I HAVE A DIRT DRIVEWAY TO WORK IN. HOW BIG OF AN ISSUE IS GETTING A LITTLE DIRT IN SOMETHING? LIKE A BIT OF DIRT IN YOUR PUMPKIN OR XCASE? CAN YOU JUST CHANGE THE FLUIDS AFTER 50 MILES OR SO AND CALL IT GOOD? I KNOW ALOT OF DIRT HAS TO GET ON STUFF WHEN PEOPLE DO TRAIL REPAIRS, AND THEY DONT GO THROUGH AND REPLACE ALL THEIR BEARINGS..

MY XCASE SPENT 5-6 MONTHES OUTSIDE, ON A BOARD, TARPED. SOME JUNK GOT INTO THE INPUT SHAFT SUPPORT BEARING, AND I SPUN IT AROUND AND IT GRABBED A FEW TIMES THEN GOT SMOOTHER. THERE IS A SLIGHT GITTY SOUND WHEN IT MOVES, CAN I STILL USE IT OR IS IT TOO RISKY?

·
Registered
219 Posts
If it's the single piece case, the bearing is easy to remove. Take it out and wash it in kero.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I would fill it w/ cheap motor oil, turn it a bit by hand until it gets smooth, drain & re-fill w/ 90wt fluid run it for a little while hten change that fluid. A little dirt is no problem but if there are little dirt piles in the bottom of the case you might have some trouble down the road :eek:

What do you have dirt floors in your house? make an opening in you living room wall so you can pull that beast into the "clean" interior environment you live in. :rolleyes: ;) It's a cruiser it deserves to be treated equal :flipoff2:

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
WOOHOO! JUST REALISED THAT I DONT NEED THIS BEARING WITH THE 420 ANYWAY! SWEET! BUT, IT'S STILL GOOD TO KNOW

·
Registered
7,084 Posts
FIXXXXAH said:

AS BUTCH WILL BE SURE TO POINT OUT, EVERYTHING I DO ON MY CRUISER IS LIKE A TRAIL REPAIR.

Hey dude I admire you for doing it out in conditions like that, too many guys would just bitch and moan cause they did not have a "good place'' to work.
Butch]

·
Registered
426 Posts
Hey Matt

Keep up the good work! It must be hard working out front, but the weather's been mild this winter in Santa Fe, so it could be worse.

How's the snow holding up at the Ski Basin?

John

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
HEY JOHN, IT IS A LIFEDAVER THAT IT ONLY REALLY SNOWED ONCE SO FAR, I NEVER GOT AROUND TO BUILDING A HALF ASS SHELTER FOR IT :D

THE SNOW AT THE SKI BASIN IS NOT HOLDING UP WELL :(
IT HASNT SNOWED IN A MONTH AND EVERYDAY I LOOK UP TO SEE IT GETTING POUNDED BY THE SUN. ITS ALMOST SKI IN A TSHIRT WEATHER. NO GOOD, NOOO GOOD.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts