Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did the old search-o-rama and couldn't figure out wether or not I needed to unbolt my AA x-fer case mount or not when I add my tranny-mount x-member/skidplate thingy. The PO gave me a hella stout tranny type crossmember with integrated skidplate when I bought my 40. After reading about the AA rear x-member issues, I figured I should install the skid/member. What do you guys think? Should I unbolt the AA unit and run with onlt the engine and skid mounts or should I leave all six locations tied in?

·
Registered
10,182 Posts
Does the AA unit get in the way of the skid/crossmember mounts??

If not, I'd just leave it. Mainly cause I am lazy when it comes to crap like that. But hey 6 mounts are better than 4 right?

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The AA unit is above the framerails behind the x-fer case. The skid unit would be below the rails under the tranny, so no interference. I've just heard that these could cause t-case "cracking" in some cases.

·
Registered
10,182 Posts
From my experience pushing the gas is what causes the t-case to crack (So basically anything else is just gonna make it worse)

Maybe sell the AA unit and get the t-case savers instead?? :D:D Now that would be the ideal way to go.

·
Metal-tech'in
1,588 Posts
When I did my 700R4 install originally, I put it in with the AA TC x-member. This past year I pulled it and built a customer lower mount using the factory GM mounting location on the trany. I sold the AA unit for $75.00 w/o the studs. (too lazy to pull them). I say pull it off and sell it.

Mark

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.