Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 687 Posts

·
Registered
8,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Starts Tonight!

Dustin brought the Jeep over to SFR a few hours ago and we've been cleaning up the shop and getting ready to start tearing it down.

For those that dont know we will be reusing the Jeep we built in 9 days for the 08 KOH race, with a few modifications. The majority of the Jeep will be staying the same, but we'll be adding a bit of wheelbase, upgrading the suspension, upgrading the axles, and adding a little go from a bottle :smokin:

Thanks to my next door neighbor who has let me hook into his internet we will be able to post pics on the fly this year, and we're working on doing something a little extra too.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
sweet! can't wait to see.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Is the spray the only work going into the 4.0 to make it competitive against the other powerplants that will be out their this year?

·
Registered
8,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea i think next year you should build it at rest stops along the way
:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Here's a current pic of the shop. We're still cleaning and getting things put away. I've been pretty busy lately, and we wanna take the time to start with everything in it's proper place, so we're not left searching later.

Attachments

·
Chubby Chaser
26,105 Posts
:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Here's a current pic of the shop. We're still cleaning and getting things put away. I've been pretty busy lately, and we wanna take the time to start with everything in it's proper place, so we're not left searching later.
Where'd you steal that huge banner? You do know those things cost promoters lots of money:D:D:flipoff2:

·
Premium Member
2,610 Posts
i've been wondering what was going on with this rig. i thought it was done and secretly being tuned already! is thi going to be an all custom suspension, or something pretty easy? what's the planned timeline from start to finish?

·
Registered
8,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Is the spray the only work going into the 4.0 to make it competitive against the other powerplants that will be out their this year?
Last year we were decently fast through the bumps but didn't have the top end power to pass. We're keeping it a lower shot around 75 because there are no mods to the engine beyond the the AEM cold air intake, a Magnaflow muffler, and the JET chip. For low end and mid range, the 4.0 already has good enough torque to do the job. The idea is to keep it mild so we'll finish, but have a lil boost for select situations.

is thi going to be an all custom suspension, or something pretty easy? what's the planned timeline from start to finish?
The suspension will remain pretty much the same as the Pro Comp kit worked so well last year. We will just be using arms from the JK and LJ kits and build out our tabs to match the geometry that we already had. It should be pretty simple and offer us the 104" wheelbase we wanted, with the geometry we wanted.
We'll be ditching the coils, putting coilover's on the SAW bodies we had last year, but ditching the valving altogether and just using them as coil-carriers. To control the dampening, we'll add 3.0" Sway A Way triple bypasses on all 4 corners.
We'll get deeper into the details tomorrow.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I can see Dustin now yelling at Beca on Wrecking Ball hit the F ing NOS...no just hold the f ing NOS and get up it...:flipoff2::dustin::laughing:

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Last year we were decently fast through the bumps but didn't have the top end power to pass. We're keeping it a lower shot around 75 because there are no mods to the engine beyond the the AEM cold air intake, a Magnaflow muffler, and the JET chip. For low end and mid range, the 4.0 already has good enough torque to do the job. The idea is to keep it mild so we'll finish, but have a lil boost for select situations.
Sounds good I knew there was probably a good reason for sticking with the motor.

·
Registered
321 Posts
You guys running the nitrous wet or dry? I don't know if you've ever looked into it, but you can run a much bigger wet shot if you inject propane instead of gasoline on the fuel side of the wet nozzle. The extra octane gives a great margin of safety too.

1 - 20 of 687 Posts