Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 85 truck and i am wanting to cut the frame behind the shackles and bob the bed but the current bed is really rusted. i have a bed already bobbed but it was a short bed from an 89. will the 89 fit on my 85?

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Rather vague with your description, get out the tape measure. How are we to know how the new bed was bobbed? Is the current truck a short bed? Crap, it is Tuesday.:(

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
current truck is a long bed. i just read that the 89 bed is around 1.5in wider so no go
Like I said, get out your tape measure. I know a 3rd gen short box has been put on a 2nd gen short box, and looked ok. Not sure how all the mounts lined up. Were you planning on moving the axle forward to match the box as well?

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Like I said, get out your tape measure. I know a 3rd gen short box has been put on a 2nd gen short box, and looked ok. Not sure how all the mounts lined up. Were you planning on moving the axle forward to match the box as well?
not planning on moving the axle. when i get home i will measure up everything to see if i want to even attempt this but not looking to good.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
not planning on moving the axle. when i get home i will measure up everything to see if i want to even attempt this but not looking to good.
If you centered the swb box front to back over your tires on the long box frame, your going to have about a 10" space between the cab and front of the box.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you centered the swb box front to back over your tires on the long box frame, your going to have about a 10" space between the cab and front of the box.
yeah i just got home and measured. oh well i need to find another long bed in better condition! thanks!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts