Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, its been awhile...but im looking at picking up a scout II. Ive done the one ton thing and swappin drivetrains. So I "kind of" know what to look for. However, this potential build would be more on a budget/get wheelin sooner than later type deal. Last rig, FI 350,465,205 fuel cell, swapped springs, full hydro, flat belly, cage and many other goodies.

I have a 92f350 for a dd right now....I will be swapping the axles into the scout. 60f/sterling 10.25.

The scout has a 345/727/d20 combo.

For the difference in drops, my thinking was to get a jeep tailhousing and run a dana 20/300 driver drop to match the ford 60.

OR

I haven't searched, but I always read the IH section...and Im not sure if I have seen someone adapt a C6 to the 345. The C6 that i have in the ford is solid, rebuilt last year...no problems and everything is new, including the housing. Im just curious to the cost and headache this route would be...either way I go, I know there is some adapter that will have to be used.

First choice seems easier and I know its been done.

Also, if i remember correctly...perch to perch on the scout II 44 is 31.5 or 30.5 inches?? those numbers seem to ring a bell, that may be the perch to perch on a dodge 60 though (what i swapped in, in my previous build) Can anyone confirm this for me.

I really would like to do this on a budget, i spent too much money last time and i have seen budget rigs that really work. I can offset tires by selling the scout 44's, hopefully offset "some" cost on the adapter for the drivetrain by selling off the unused parts, and I still have the 351 with 92k from my DD ford that I will be able to sell off to offset. I know I will be out of pocket on some stuff, but I can get the scout for $1k and I already have the axles.

anyway....any help on those two main questions would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
4,633 Posts
I don't know what you mean by getting a jeep tailhousing for a D20/300??? A jeep 727 has a 23 spline, 6 bolt round pattern. I don't know of any d20 that will bolt up.

As for swapping in a C6, I think you are wasting your time. I built my first 727 after borrowing a "how to" video from OS and have since built maybe 7-8 chrysler 3 speed trannys. They are super easy to build and very strong. I get my rebuild parts from transtar. All said and done, a factory rebuild costs me about $150 at the most (incl TQ).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts