Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and I still cant find any information on a 17 spline full floating dana 60. Would anyone know anything or know where I can find anything about this axle.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok, i was told it was 17 spline but it is a fullfloater that is 60" wms-wms without having been previously narrowed. Also is 8-lug. Previous owner put isc brakes on it already. I know its not 30 spline for sure. I was just trying to research about what kind of flanges etc it will have on it.

·
Registered
6,620 Posts
Can you find out for sure how many splines it has, or an app. or somethig to narrow it down?

Model 60 rears came in 16, 23, 30, & 35 slpines

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I am going to lean towards 16 and assume the owner miscounted because looking through my pm's from him he says it is 17. I will try to get the BOM# from him because that will probably help alot.

Edit* it also has stock 4.10 gears and an open carrier.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok picked up the axle today,

date code is 111261

there are only 4 digits I cna find where the BOM# should be they are 2319

Any ideas on what it might be out of. I have not torn anything down yet to see how many spline it is.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Why even get the axle? How hard is it to get a dirt cheap 30 spline 60? Even if you got this axle for free the time and money you spend on it could have just gone into gettin you a 30 spline. What do you want to know? I have one with a detroit. And no I didn't do it. It came under a vehicle I got. I can't believe somebody put disks on yours. Want to polish that turd further? I will sell you my gears (5.35) and detroit. :D

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok anyways, the fact that it was already the right width and had brand new disc brakes were no incentive what so ever.

any idea what it came out of since you seem to know so much :flipoff2: ?

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
id give you less for a 16 spline version..... the fact that its 16 spline.. says thats its probably old..

·
Premium Member
855 Posts
I think the 16 spline ones came out of muscle cars way back when.....

·
Registered
513 Posts
I have found them under old fords. I think I have seen one under a dodge also. I found them looking for spare shafts. The one I have and the ones I have seen are full width. I don't know if yours is narrow. The shafts are really small, and not hard to break. You can measure but I am pretty sure that a 30 spline shaft will fit through the spindles is the good news.

·
Registered
17,626 Posts
I had a buddy bring home a 60, which he just assumed was a 30 spline.. so he didnt bother to check, and sure enough it was a 16 spline. If its got disc brakes, thats a good thing.. Just buy a 30 spline carrier and some 30 spline shafts, and you should be good to go, if I remember right.. it not that difficult to make the change.
Scott

1 - 16 of 16 Posts