Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was the 1st to purchase a Strongbox 1356/205 Doubler from Behemoth(early July), with 2 others that I know of right after me. We were all 3 to give a review of the boxes' performance and of the overall transaction. So here is my review:

1st off, I'm not one to bash a new vendor, I realize the speedbumps and unseen hold-ups that go with a new business. I would never try to add to that by harming this guy's name or rep. I wish Jacob the best of luck and hope he gets his crap together and is successful. But I also think this info should be public; there has not been sufficient effort on his part to hold up his end of the bargain.

It is now been almost 4 months, no box, no pics of a box, and no refund. There has been 1 set back after another, and apparently (without us knowing it) we purchased a product that was still in the design phase from a company who didn't even have the equipment to produce it. The communication has been aweful, with most updates only coming after we start asking about our box that hasn't shipped yet. Each update is only a generic email sent to all 3 of us listing a new problem and a "new expected ship date". After that date passes, we start calling/emailing and he usually gets back to 1 of us within the next day or so with another, later ship date. Our requests for a refund are ignored. My demands for pics of a completed box are refused.

We were told two weeks ago the boxes would be shipped "no later" than Nov 5th and we'd also get $200 back. Then on the 5th, we were told another week or so, and a refund "if possible as soon as he can"(his words). No explanation, no apology, just a breif message that he couldn't get to the shop for a week. Unacceptable...

I told him in late August that if it didn't ship by Sept, I wanted a refund. I have asked several times since then; I have yet to see a dime!

This is how it stands now, If/when something changes, I will update. I doubt there is much I can do as far as the credit card goes since have waited this long, but at least maybe this will stop someone else from the same mistake.

I truely believe Jacob had the best intentions, but he obviously got in over his head and now can't hold up his end of the bargain.

Sorry Jacob, enough is enough, I want my $$ back now!

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
within a few minutes of posting this, I recieved a message from Jacob containing some pics of the individual pieces of the Strongbox. He says it will be assembled and shipped tomorrow. No mention of the refund i asked for.... again! I will update....

·
Registered
345 Posts
I remember when they first started posting in the chevy section. Thought they had just gone away though. Have they built a single doubler ever?
Dawgfan, myself, and 1 other were suppose to get his first 3 doublers built, with the agreement that we'd didn't have to pay the core charge in exchange for testing and giving a review on his company and product. When we ordered the doublers, we were told that there was going to be a 3 week lead time, so he could have the stub shafts splined and heat treated. Completely understandable.

Shortly after that, we were told that he was redesigning the doubler, because he found a better way to do it. Each and every excuse I've heard has either been him blaming the delays on someone part of the work was being sub'd out to, or a "redesign" he came up with. :shaking: There has yet to be a single doubler built and shipped out from him.

·
Registered
321 Posts
has any of ya talked to him in person i have number some where . i am sure glad i didn't send the money to be the first one because he told me the first person would get the one he had posted pics of done. i would have done drove to his house and well it would be good for the guy lets say.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Did this guy even test this shit himself. Which state dose this dude live in??
nope

Jacob Clark 50 Rison Drive Leitchfield, KY 42754
http://maps.google.com/maps?rlz=1T4TSHB_en___US451&q=50+Rison+Drive+Leitchfield,+KY+42754&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x886f4c87c7765b25:0xb2704dddebb6fbbf,50+Rison+Dr,+Leitchfield,+KY+42754&gl=us&ei=DFG7TrnQMbG_2QXpj_jUBw&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CBMQ8gEwAA

270 230 7015

this dude ain't to far from where i go. hell i would have for sure done put a boot up his ass.

·
Registered
12,251 Posts
There's only been one "prototype" picture I've ever seen, and even he claimed it didnt work. Seemed weird that he had posts in multiple forums asking for suggestions for products, the thread in Gen 4x4 said he was waiting on a 208, and never even had a 231. Seems like those are the easiest to start with?
I would be interested to hear if a single one ever made it into a truck.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm not trying to get a lynch mob after the guy. Just putting it all out for everyone to see so no more $$ is sent until this is resolved. How he handles it from this point on should speak for his character. Either he bends over backwards to make up for it and prove himself, or he doesn't and he will probably be out of business.
I truely believe this was more a case of him biting off more than he could chew, rather than someone intentionally trying to screw us. I just can't see someone intentionally detroying their name, rep, and future business for a couple grand; not saying it never happens, but I don't think this is the case. He has said we 3 will all get a StrongBox and a refund for our trouble. At this point, I'd rather have the refund and be finished with it, but we will see what happens.
As of now, I have no refund, no tracking#, and no word from Jacob that it is even assembled.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Jacob-it's time to make a move here. We need our money back and or some kind of explanation from you. I agree with dawgfan that you maybe just got in over your head. But just come clean if that's the case........

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I recieved a message from Jacob last night that he was boxing up my Strongbox and it would ship Monday. He also sent me a $200 refund. So it looks like things are coming together, I will keep updating...

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I recieved another message from Jacob with my tracking # and an explanation for everything. Too long to go into, but I'll update again when the box arrives.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Let us know when and IF you get anything. No word from Jacob in 3 weeks since he last said he would be sending money back........

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I recieved my Strongbox yesterday, and a partial refund a few days before that. The machine work looks good. I'll post more info this weekend once I've had a chance to spend some time with it.

1 - 20 of 119 Posts