Pirate 4x4 banner

101 - 119 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
I ordered a Strong box about a year ago...

Like others I was told about 30 days for shipment, but I was in no hurry and he let me pay half down and the other half was to be paid once he had it all ready.

a couple of months later I started getting anxious for my doubler, I ended up staying on top of it much better with usually a weekly text to Jacob and I pretty much always got a reply, things started rolling in here and there as well. Now also I did get told there was some initial issues with getting product out as he couldn't keep up with demand on the cases or something. But I did get my case. I had him make me a case to bolt up to a sm465 and np205 without a factory adapter in between. I only had a couple of small issues (that he took care of, the other I solved easily enough in about 5 min). He cut and re-splined my factory 465 output shaft to match the input of the strong box I had picked up (a DIY kit obviously) and it looked great. Total time from order to completed box with all my cable shifters and other random things was probably closer to 5 or 6 months as a total.

Bottom line, I did have to stay on him a little, and after I paid the other half of the money I was a little more motivated to stay on top of where we were at with the product.

BUT I am so far happy with the kit, I am running it behind a healthy SBC to the SM465, strongbox to a NP205 down to built tons and 44's. Jacob seems to be an honest guy trying to make his business grow into a new area and sometimes that can be hard to take on a bunch of people all at once when your business is already busy.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I spoke to Jacob today on the phone. He said that he is selling Behemoth Drivetrain to a manufacturing company and that is why the website is down. All the same parts should be sold just produced a lot faster. Jacob just wants to do product development and not have to deal with trying to get parts to people. Should be good for everyone if this goes through.

·
Registered
714 Posts
BBrown12:31832201 said:
I spoke to Jacob today on the phone. He said that he is selling Behemoth Drivetrain to a manufacturing company and that is why the website is down. All the same parts should be sold just produced a lot faster. Jacob just wants to do product development and not have to deal with trying to get parts to people. Should be good for everyone if this goes through.
Bullshit. I talked to him last week when I was ready to order on the spot. Never a mention of this when I asked about production time. My last case took over 6 months and only arrived when I threatened to retrieve my money via paypal.

I ordered from Kris at northwestfab last Thursday and recieved reduction box two days ago.
Less than a week turn around time for only $40 more than behemoth... I'll go with nwf eco box anytime over behemoth now.

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
Bullshit. I talked to him last week when I was ready to order on the spot. Never a mention of this when I asked about production time. My last case took over 6 months and only arrived when I threatened to retrieve my money via paypal..
Not bullshit. I was told the same thing by Jacob a last week (after he got my money 5months ago) when I called wanting to know how much longer till my parts would ship. He said that he wanted to make things right but it would be another 4-6 months before I got my parts, and that if I wanted a refund, I would have to file a paypal dispute (which I did). He said he was selling the company, and if he became overwhelmed with people wanting refunds, he was just going to file bankrupcy. He also admitted that he didn't have a single working unit of what I ordered yet (the reverse 205 shorty) and that he was going to make an announcement on here in the next day or so (which he didn't).. Atleast I got my D300 parts

·
Premium Member
905 Posts
Just because he didnt tell you means its not true?? And you had to threaten him last time but you were callin to order again?????

Bullshit. I talked to him last week when I was ready to order on the spot. Never a mention of this when I asked about production time. My last case took over 6 months and only arrived when I threatened to retrieve my money via paypal.

I ordered from Kris at northwestfab last Thursday and recieved reduction box two days ago.
Less than a week turn around time for only $40 more than behemoth... I'll go with nwf eco box anytime over behemoth now.

·
Registered
714 Posts
I was told they would have items on the shelf soon. I was hoping that things had gotten better after almost a year. So yes I thought of giving them another chance.

·
Registered
274 Posts
LOL approximately a year ago when I ordered my box he said he was putting things on the shelf so they can just go out. He still owes me a shifter (a year later LOL).

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
I got all of my parts today except one part of the rear mount, that he told me wouldnt be ready for a couple more weeks and offered to refund me for if I didnt want to wait.

I ordered on february 2, and was told 45 days, I ordered knowing it would likely be longer. FWIW I believe he is an honest guy that isnt trying to screw people over, he just get behind and also has other vendor issues. hopefully the new owner gets on top of production, and jacob can come up with some new stuff.

·
Registered
74 Posts
hello everyone, i was wondering if anyone has heard anything else about behemoth because he took my money and ran i have only received half which with out the other half is a paper weight and i have not been able to get ahold of him for a refund and its been over year since i ordered so neither the bank or paypal can do anything about it i just want my money back or the other half.

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
hello everyone, i was wondering if anyone has heard anything else about behemoth because he took my money and ran i have only received half which with out the other half is a paper weight and i have not been able to get ahold of him for a refund and its been over year since i ordered so neither the bank or paypal can do anything about it i just want my money back or the other half.

I got half my parts as well, along with a bunch of empty promises. I disputed with paypal 3 days before their 180 day policy and I ended up getting a full refund. I took that money and rolled it over into a TWF Hero 3spd

·
Registered
74 Posts
Alright everyone he is back at it again on instagram and Facebook selling some sort of atlas looking tcase and other NWF looking strong boxes. Just an FYI

Update Jacob from behemoth has refunded me my money for my parts I never received

101 - 119 of 119 Posts