Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finishing up a stand for my new tube bender, was wondering what a comfortable working ehight is for the stand. What is the height of the factory Pro Model stand? I'll be using the bend bar for now until I get the scratch for the hydro.

·
Super Moderator
'82 Scrambler, '14 Rzr
62,007 Posts
Moved to general - should get more exposure for a better answer here :)

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
mine is hip height, that way it hurts like a bitch when you run into it. works good...can put my weight behind the cheater to bend 2" with just a little sweat. Too high, and you can't PULL as hard on the cheater...too low, your back will ache. Mine is in a reciever bolted to the cement...so I made the stand too high, and cut it down till it worked right for me. ;)

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ironpig70 said:
first off i would have to ask how tall are you me being 6' i like my benches at around 36"-38" high
I'm 6'3". I'm curious as to how tall the Pro Model Bender stand is from plate to plate without the bender mounted. I figured about 38" would be a comfortable working height for the stand, with the bender mounted it would be around 44".

·
Registered
979 Posts
AlumCJ said:
mine is hip height, that way it hurts like a bitch when you run into it. works good...can put my weight behind the cheater to bend 2" with just a little sweat. Too high, and you can't PULL as hard on the cheater...too low, your back will ache. Mine is in a reciever bolted to the cement...so I made the stand too high, and cut it down till it worked right for me. ;)
Oops- forgot about that option, I just push a button and watch the tube swing around. :flipoff2:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts