Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yea I know there are threads on this but none answered my question.

I want to mount the bender w/o studs sticking out of the ground, but am not sure if my idea will work:

Basically drill two holes in the concrete, tap some small tube and cement those in the ground. Then bolt the stand into the tapped tubing cemented to the ground.

Anyone see any problems w/ this?

·
FOF
2,864 Posts
What you are looking for is called a "Drop In Anchor". You drill the hole in the concrete to the proper depth, drop in the anchor, and use the "speial tool" and hammer to expand the anchor. The special tool is nothing more than a punch of the right size to fit into the anchor and contact the wedge. The drop in anchors are not quite as strong as the ones that stick out but others on here report them to work just fine for a bender.

edit Beat me to it!!!:flipoff2:

·
Registered
9,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So you don't have to cement em in?

Das_jeepinator I will PM you if Home sleep-o doesn't have any. :D

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
i would recomend not messing with the cement too much, as in tightening bolts into it everytime the bender is used.

what i did was make a metal plate 1/2" with 4 tapped holes in a square
and 4 thru countersunk holes.

get the ancors of your choice and bolt the plat to the ground...use jamnuts with the fastner because they are thinner then trim off the rest of the threads. you now have a plate bolted to the ground thats only 1/2" tall with tapped holes. make a stand that bolts to that. i would think the concreat would fatigue messing with it all the time.

but what do i know i got metal in my eye:p :D

·
Registered
9,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ToyFamily said:
I use the drop in inserts each time I've mounted my bender...they are cheep at HD around a buck a piece....
Got it mounted, thanks. :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts