195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lance,

Tried it out yet?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well that stuff from Advancetubular is about the same as the instructions you get with the benders. Bend Tech is an actual 3-d program. It's like a specialized mini autocad program. You just enter the start point in an X,Y,Z, format, how many bends,intersection of next bend,and the next,and the next,then the end point. It will handle as many bends and planes as you would ever need. The program will draw it in 3d and give a shop print out that tells you how far to measure up the tube to start the first bend, then how much to bend. How much to rotate the tube and how far to the next bend and so on.
It's alot more accurate than I can bend. You have to use angle finders to rotate the tube the correct amount. The program uses tube size, wall thickness,and radius of die to compute everything. I'm expecting more disks around the 25th. $250.
Find me at the uroc and rcaa events I'll show you how it works. I'm thinking about offering a computing service to those guy's who just want one multi-plane tube figured but, I'll have to pay the software co. something if I do.
I've tried a couple of other programs they're, useless.This one was too so I complained to the software owner. Chris asked me how to make it work and two weeks later I had a real program.:)719-649-1020

·
Registered
11,076 Posts
So how easy or hard is it to take a buggy designed in CAD and use software to figure out bends on everything?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mieser said:
So how easy or hard is it to take a buggy designed in CAD and use software to figure out bends on everything?
It may take 30 minutes to get your X,Y,Z numbers from the drawing and another 5 min to enter each piece of tube. Done.

and Terry nothing on your rig looks booty fabbed. or were you talking about mine? :D sorta looks like you huh?

·
Registered
730 Posts
rocraven said:
Well that stuff from Advancetubular is about the same as the instructions you get with the benders. Bend Tech is an actual 3-d program. It's like a specialized mini autocad program. You just enter the start point in an X,Y,Z, format, how many bends,intersection of next bend,and the next,and the next,then the end point. It will handle as many bends and planes as you would ever need. The program will draw it in 3d and give a shop print out that tells you how far to measure up the tube to start the first bend, then how much to bend. How much to rotate the tube and how far to the next bend and so on.
It's alot more accurate than I can bend. You have to use angle finders to rotate the tube the correct amount. The program uses tube size, wall thickness,and radius of die to compute everything. I'm expecting more disks around the 25th. $250.
Find me at the uroc and rcaa events I'll show you how it works. I'm thinking about offering a computing service to those guy's who just want one multi-plane tube figured but, I'll have to pay the software co. something if I do.
I've tried a couple of other programs they're, useless.This one was too so I complained to the software owner. Chris asked me how to make it work and two weeks later I had a real program.:)719-649-1020
I have a demo version of bend-tech, and there is no way to enter a mutiplane bend unless you already know how much to rotate the tubing. If they have changed the software to allow for 3-d entering of the bends it would be a decent program.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Not sure about the older version, but the current one (even demo version) allows you to select sketch mode (2-d) or x,yz, interface (3-d) when you start the project. You can look at it in a small side window then when you continue it tells you how much to rotate the tubing before the next bend.

·
Registered
914 Posts
i currently have three different pieces of bending software bend-tech , bend-calc and mittler brothers bend calc .
bend-tech is cool but but for speed and price the latest version of bend-calc is the best
bend-tech has a higher learning curve and if you have never used 3d software you may be lost with it .
bend calc is fast, simple and less expensive

i personally use bend calc and can kick out usable numbers 10x faster than with bend-tech .
i sell both pieces of software but by far the more popular is bend-calc

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
jimstihl said:
Is it the same as this software? Except for $$$
BendTech Software
I downloaded the demo from Vansant awhile ago and it works great.
Have you had any experience with this one?
Bend calculator
Yes, same software. And yes I tried bendcalc also but when you go to custom design you have to tell the program the angle. And if you figure the angle wrong then the whole bend seqence is wrong. If you are figuring simple bends then I guess the other will work, But I didn't like it. That's why I called Chris @20/20 It's
the best on the market.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts