Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dana 300 twin stick

for all of the wise cracks i have searched all through the net and read just about everything that is printed just looking to get the input from some REAL DRIVERS not some "modem rock crushers":flipoff2:

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Yo copper, there's a search feature on the site. It's in the upper right hand corner under the banner ad.

A twin stick allows you to shift the transfer case into options including 2 wheel low, and front wheel drive.

·
Registered
20 Posts
FRONT/REAR
N/N
2Hi/N
N/2Hi
2Hi/2Hi
2Lo/N
N/2Lo
2Lo/2Lo

Versus the single stick which gives you 2Hi REAR, 4Hi, N, 4Lo...

Sometimes making extremely tight turns in 4 wheel drive can be a bi-atch. Shift into 2wd front or rear can help drivability in such situations... That's about it...

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
Also a plus when using cutting brakes. (Apply the rear brakes and drive the front tires in a turn)

·
Premium Member
4,628 Posts
rockcrawler304 said:
Also a plus when using cutting brakes. (Apply the rear brakes and drive the front tires in a turn)
Don't confuse him.

If he doesn't know about twin stick's, he sure as fawk isn't gonna know about cutting brakes. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
IndyCJ said:

Don't confuse him.

If he doesn't know about twin stick's, he sure as fawk isn't gonna know about cutting brakes. :rolleyes:

I thought they were to stop you from cutting someone off when you switch lanes. Are you telling me that not right??

:flipoff2: :flipoff2:

·
Premium Member
4,628 Posts
rkcrawl said:

I thought they were to stop you from cutting someone off when you switch lanes. Are you telling me that not right??

:flipoff2: :flipoff2:
No, that's not right.

Think Ginsu! :flipoff2:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
dana 300 twin stick

thanks for reply's(rockcrawler & jeepnut) from the people who actually had something to say other then just there gums flaping.

·
Registered
3 Posts
After almost 200,000 miles on my personal 4X4 and, I would estimate, 300,000 miles on my work 4X4s I don't see the need.

Yes you can use front wheel drive if your rear axle breaks or use low range 2 wheel drive (which might be a good way to break the rear axle). However, I have never been in a situation where it was critical that I have this capability.

I think you could find more cost effective mods that would make your Jeep more trail capable.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
SCRAMBLR said:
NONE, twinsticks are for looks only:flipoff2: SEARCH
This is the Anti flame forum. Take it elswhere.

I just did the twin stick, and it was VERY handy for swinging the front end around on the trail. If you have an auto tranny, you don't really need cutting brakes. You put the front axle in low or hi range, and the rear in neutral, hit the brakes while you mash the gas. works awesome.

·
waterboy
18,782 Posts
JeepNut22 said:
FRONT/REAR
N/N
2Hi/N
N/2Hi
2Hi/2Hi
2Lo/N
N/2Lo
2Lo/2Lo

Versus the single stick which gives you 2Hi REAR, 4Hi, N, 4Lo...

Sometimes making extremely tight turns in 4 wheel drive can be a bi-atch. Shift into 2wd front or rear can help drivability in such situations... That's about it...

Correct me If I'm wrong, but with 'just' twin sticks on the 300, you can't get front 2wdhi/rear neutral. you could get it if you remove a 'pill' from inside the tcase, but that also opens up the possibility for at front hi/rear low situation. right?

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
Overlander said:
However, I have never been in a situation where it was critical that I have this capability.
May not be critical, but damn nice to have when you really could use it. :flipoff2: I love mine.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts