Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to search for this but i cant find a search button?

I have a 80 F100 and was told that I could swap to F150 beams and van coils and get 15' of travel?

I am trying to find some info on this mod..I heard the beams have to be bent as well?

Anyone know anthing about this?

Thanks

BTW the truck is 2wd not TTB

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
van coils

my 73 2wd had e250 springs ( early 80 i think - longer and higher rate ) and bent beams - with factory E150 radius arms that i extended 12 " - with 12 " rancho 5000 - i had almost 12 " at the tire - was hard to control in the wooptys - due to the mostly stock steering ( only a napa stabilizer ) - had a 1 1/8 " sway bar with 3/4 heims - 33x12.5 - fun truck - untill i killed it at the drags - ( twice - once was the c6 - then the 428cj broke a piston - still have the truck - but no $ ) :smokin:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am not to worried about the travel. I did a more looking around and found thay people have done this with some decent results. Most have said that they limited the travel to a little less then 14 inches because of the control issue. Also this requires custom shock mounting to get full travel.

This is what I want to do for a cheap start. But I still cant find any info on

Where to bend the beam and How much?

Anyone got that info?

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
hard to find

not many shop bend beams any more - most told me to buy a lift kit - then called like 20 shops and found this little hole in the wall shop that an older guy ( sorry ) worked at - he had bent tons of beams and had my truck bent and alinged in under 2 hours - it was worth the $150 and the 6 pack i got him -:flipoff2: had around $500 in total - junkyard parts - new shocks - stabilizer - alignment - and some tube / welding leftovers -

1 - 6 of 6 Posts