Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up one of BFR’s new cliffhanger 2 chassis. I had Tim’s grunt chassis before this and it worked great. The new chassis has a bit more room for taller guys and much sexier lines. Thought I’d start a thread to share some pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I originally planned to re use my drivetrain, 4.8 LS but have since opted to try out a 1.4 LE2 ecotec. I’ve always had a soft spot for little turbo 4 bangers. Picked up a 2016 complete motor for $500 with only 4k miles on it. It’s all aluminum and weighs a hair over 200lbs.

·
Premium Member
29,440 Posts
oh!

oh my!

oh, my pants are tight!

awesome, surprised you got out of the grunt so soon

·
Premium Member
29,440 Posts
Kinda funny, someone wanted my grunt when these were coming out.
bigger chassis with a smaller motor, going to be awesome :smokin: thanks for sharing!

·
Premium Member
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
bigger chassis with a smaller motor, going to be awesome :smokin: thanks for sharing!

It’s actually the same size. Just designed different to have more room where it needed it. Grey is my old chassis, blue is the new one. Not sure if I’m going to run the turbo motor yet. May just stick with the V8.

·
Premium Member
29,440 Posts
run the turbo 4. same power, half the weight. :grinpimp:

200lbs is a bunch of saved sprung weight

·
Premium Member
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Why angle the shocks in so far?

Don't those extreme angles change the shock action as the suspension cycles?

4 cylinder option seams bad ass.
That’s how they were designed to be ran on this chassis. Helps keep them protected. Not saying it’s an ideal angle but I guess I’ll find out.

Still not sure if I’m going to run the 4 banger yet.

·
Registered
12,381 Posts
Good looking 2 seater. I feel like I was just reading a buggy build where you started with a 4cyl and scrapped it for a V8 :flipoff2:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts