Pirate 4x4 banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Good looking 2 seater. I feel like I was just reading a buggy build where you started with a 4cyl and scrapped it for a V8 :flipoff2:
Ha, your right! I’d take a T4 over a V8 any day but it just hasn’t worked out so far.

·
Registered
12,381 Posts
Ha, your right! I’d take a T4 over a V8 any day but it just hasn’t worked out so far.
Wasn't it a 3rz last time? They seem like a good crawler engine, not ultra light like an ecotec or zuk stuff, but good tq and bolts up to decent trans.

I have a rig with a 2.0 zuk engine and 3spd auto that I want to use in a build. Super lightweight, 125 hp stock and seem to like boost.

·
Premium Member
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Wasn't it a 3rz last time? They seem like a good crawler engine, not ultra light like an ecotec or zuk stuff, but good tq and bolts up to decent trans.

I have a rig with a 2.0 zuk engine and 3spd auto that I want to use in a build. Super lightweight, 125 hp stock and seem to like boost.
The problem with the rz or re motors is the wide intake up top. It made packaging awkward in these chassis. It can be done with moving some tubes, but the LS just fits so much better. As much as I love Toyota’s, I’ve basically given up on them. They are too expensive and too hard to find around here. A friend of mine has a nasty boosted rz that I’ve thought about getting but in reality it is more economical to move forward with what I already have.

·
Registered
8,895 Posts
Good choice on the LS. I like this chassis for a rec ride. How's the pinion angle and AS change through travel with the uppers so much shorter than the lowers?

Keep the pics coming!

·
Premium Member
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Good choice on the LS. I like this chassis for a rec ride. How's the pinion angle and AS change through travel with the uppers so much shorter than the lowers?

Keep the pics coming!
Haven’t cycled it much yet. I’m sure Tim @Bentfabrications could explain it far better than I could. He spent a ton of time on the design and geometry. All I can tell you is it doesn’t do anything weird going through the cycle.

·
Registered
12,381 Posts
The problem with the rz or re motors is the wide intake up top. It made packaging awkward in these chassis. It can be done with moving some tubes, but the LS just fits so much better. As much as I love Toyota’s, I’ve basically given up on them. They are too expensive and too hard to find around here. A friend of mine has a nasty boosted rz that I’ve thought about getting but in reality it is more economical to move forward with what I already have.
Tig up a new intake :flipoff2:

I hear you on the Toyotas, I grew up in an 82 (which I was just given :D.) but I'm not blindly loyal to them like some. Parts have gotten so expensive you can literally buy a 5.3 cheaper than a 22re.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Any progress on this beauty? Love the lines.

I am also planning on building a rear steer CK2 this winter w/ 5.3L(L33)/TH400/Atlas on a 05+ D60 front and a TG 9" rear w/ Dana 50 C's and knuckles.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts