Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i was doing a little wheeling today and bent my tie rod. would it be worth my time/money to get a high steer kit for my 06 rubicon? or should i just get beefy draglink and tie rod? thanks

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mainly rocks, i'd like to have the steering up there, but it's not life or death, i guess i'll just get something like the currie hd set up

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
I went wheeling last weekend and went to clean the jeep today and noticed that my currie tie rod is bent :laughing:

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i'm looking into the pjo and the jco offroad steering upgrades. anyone have any experience with these? or know of anything about them? thanks

·
Registered
27 Posts
Big Daddy is a great tie-rod but it doesn't do anything for the draglink. I have a Big-D and put the poison Spyder gusset and adjuster on my draglink. So far so good but I'll probably go with the Currie HD setup someday.
Jim

·
Registered
6,899 Posts
I have the Big Daddy no complainats, though it does not address the drag link. Anyway I wheeled yesterday smacked into some big shit in a dry creek bed no issues with mine.

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
Be careful! This is what caused my jeep to morph into a 105 inch Dana 60'd 42 inch tired beast!!!!:flipoff2:

I bent my tie-rod for the eleventy-billionth time and I started looking at the available set ups to beef the stock Dana 30 steering. Then I started thinking man those set-ups are expensive. Thats a lot of money to sink into a Dana 30. I could build a 60 for not much more.....hmmmmmmm!! It was down hill from there!:laughing:

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well i'd love to do 60's, stretch it 100+ and all that shit, but shit, gotta go to college next year...lol. id like to eventually do a front 60, but i want to stretch the rear and do other things first....plus it has to be streetable...

·
Registered
371 Posts
plus it has to be streetable...
most things are streetable that still have the stock frame under them. it's just a matter of mud flapping it and having the ability to not get pulled over by the wrong cop on the wrong day.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
what do you do with steering? get the durango box and tap it for hydro assist with the hydraulic cyclinder?

·
Registered
537 Posts
Cross over steering... Sooner or later you are going to want to lift it. The Currie kit is beef but does not adress any of the issues you will run into when you do lift it. The linkage will hit the sway bar links in the Currie kit maybe even stock.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i already have re. 4.5 inch long arm...and alloy's are in the mail, i'm just wondering about this damn steering issue

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
well i'd love to do 60's, stretch it 100+ and all that shit, but shit, gotta go to college next year...lol. id like to eventually do a front 60, but i want to stretch the rear and do other things first....plus it has to be streetable...
Mine will run 60 mph down the Interstate with the 42 in Iroks unbalanced and DIY beadlocks that I welded on in the carport!:flipoff2:

As for mudflaps and stuff..... I live in Arkansas man! We don't even have to get our vehicles inspected!:shaking:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts