Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How the fawk do you part the berf from the axle. I talked to bobbey( very cool guy) today an he just said well line it up with a big hammer (lay it streight and play as if your at the driving range..:D Well with a few swings the axles are hardly comming or going ether way.*(the long side did kinda move alittle.) How do I hit it or what do I do. I dont want to mess any part of the berf up in fear it wont be a good core to use for bobbey...?:confused:

·
Registered
583 Posts
use a piece of pipe that is longer than the axle and big enough for the axle to slide into. Slide the axle down into the pipe until the birfield bottoms out on the rim of the pipe. Then pick up the whole assembly and slam it down. Sometimes it take a few times, and the long side definately separates easier because it is heavier.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
axles/berfs

Yea thats what I did after I called bobbey, he told me the same thing. Worked like a champ. F* hitting them with a big ass hammer. Thats the way to do it.:D

(p.s there in the mail bobbey,
Thanks agian.)

·
Premium Member
3,150 Posts
I use a slide hammer just screw a bolt into the threads in the end of the birf /attach the slide hammer/ clamp the axle in the vice and slide away it usually comes right off

1 - 8 of 8 Posts