Pirate 4x4 banner

161 - 180 of 307 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hahahah. 3600 thats a bit beefy... mtrs are amazing as well and im not a pitbull fan either but i run them and they work as well as the mtr or a little better. Both are a big radial as in they hold there size a true 41+ size. But its hard to compare apples to apples as i am waaayyyy lighter than that , and no tard here . I will post up some vids later , go once a year to go wheel with snow batman and the boys and then 2weeks up in bc with joc and the boys. Loke i said just putting a tire out there that is an amazing performer in the snow with a very soft compound that stays soft no matter the temp and if your a snow wheeler you know that is very important. Anyway dont want to go back and fourth with people you never see deep in the wilderness when there is snow on the ground . Make sure you keep a winch on those things cuz your going to need it .. hahahah.

·
Registered
12,268 Posts
Hahahah. 3600 thats a bit beefy... mtrs are amazing as well and im not a pitbull fan either but i run them and they work as well as the mtr or a little better. Both are a big radial as in they hold there size a true 41+ size. But its hard to compare apples to apples as i am waaayyyy lighter than that , and no tard here . I will post up some vids later , go once a year to go wheel with snow batman and the boys and then 2weeks up in bc with joc and the boys. Loke i said just putting a tire out there that is an amazing performer in the snow with a very soft compound that stays soft no matter the temp and if your a snow wheeler you know that is very important. Anyway dont want to go back and fourth with people you never see deep in the wilderness when there is snow on the ground . Make sure you keep a winch on those things cuz your going to need it .. hahahah.
Are you the guy who thinks his full body Toyota on 42s is under 3000 lbs? :laughing:

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
another factor in snow tires is if theyre broken in or not and how they were done. my buddys iroks have never been aired down and run on the street to make them soft but are 3 years old. they fold over instead of flex because they have to be run at almost no pressure to bag out

same buddys 4runner doesnt have a winch either says he doesnt need one. guess thats why i always go first into the chit

·
Registered
96 Posts
Its just yota running gear and its 3230 . And didnt build winch bumpers as i never go out alone. There will be 7 of us at loon lake trailhead saturday at 8, instead of wheelin on the keyboard come out and join us. Lots of fresh snow should be a good time to do a tire test funny you call me a tard sometimes when you put a screen name to a face most of the wheelers on here know me by first name lol anyways gentelman hope to see you out there and when you need a tug you can always hook to the back of my chassis.

·
Premium Member
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #166
another factor in snow tires is if theyre broken in or not and how they were done. my buddys iroks have never been aired down and run on the street to make them soft but are 3 years old. they fold over instead of flex because they have to be run at almost no pressure to bag out

same buddys 4runner doesnt have a winch either says he doesnt need one. guess thats why i always go first into the chit
shit if I didn't have a winch I'd still be stuck where I saw you guys last weekend, it's hard following 44s over downed trees on little 35s :homer:

·
Registered
388 Posts
Its just yota running gear and its 3230 . And didnt build winch bumpers as i never go out alone. There will be 7 of us at loon lake trailhead saturday at 8, instead of wheelin on the keyboard come out and join us. Lots of fresh snow should be a good time to do a tire test funny you call me a tard sometimes when you put a screen name to a face most of the wheelers on here know me by first name lol anyways gentelman hope to see you out there and when you need a tug you can always hook to the back of my chassis.
Why should someone else be responsible for pulling you out? That logic makes no sense.

Sounds fun. If I wasn't 12 hrs +- away I would be there. I will be out this weekend anyway's.

·
Registered
96 Posts
To bad you couldnr make it out should be an epic trip, as far as the winch thing i have been super lucky so far ,i put 4.7s in both cases so its waaay slow and i have always been able to back out. All my buddys give me shit about beeing to slow and waiting but i seem to always go the farthest hahahah. I cant remember the last time my little motor saw more than 3k rpm.lol i will post some pics of the trip once again we will be at loon lake at 10am saturday snow or shine.

·
Registered
12,268 Posts
To bad you couldnr make it out should be an epic trip, as far as the winch thing i have been super lucky so far ,i put 4.7s in both cases so its waaay slow and i have always been able to back out. All my buddys give me shit about beeing to slow and waiting but i seem to always go the farthest hahahah. I cant remember the last time my little motor saw more than 3k rpm.lol i will post some pics of the trip once again we will be at loon lake at 10am saturday snow or shine.
Hardcorest snow wheeler and you've never been stuck?

Also, can you stop cocking this thread up bragging about your pos?

·
Premium Member
1,636 Posts
Irnmtn, The snow on the Con. has been pretty bad since Feb. The rain has turned the snow the slush, Fridays fresh snow will just be 8" of fresh snow on slush. We need a few days of low temps to refreeze it. I had a good run going in the Tahoe side 1500' higher deep snow not slush :) Buy a good winch and extra straps.:homer:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Lol hardcorest. Tim thnks for the heads up dave is coming with me (danger ranger) lol he has his white four runner runnin good . I called alfred yesterday to see how he has been but no answer. How you like your iroks , last time i wheeled with ya you were runnin alfreds old baja claws. Hope to see you on the trail , my brother went up today and did the pilken rd loop , i still have som
e vids and pictures of you parking on my front tire and breakin a front axle on iron mountain.. i finally put together that sprint car chassis with yota runnin gear together its a kick in the pants just cold lol. Come out saturday and run with us.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Went wheeling today with a truck that had ungrooved/unsiped 42" bias pbr's @ 5psi, locked rear but open front. My heavily grooved/siped 39.5 bias Iroks @ 3psi on my locked front & rear fell a bit short of his, both trucks weighing relatively the same & LS motors. My next tire will be a 41.5" pbr, without a doubt. Snow started off cold and not sticking, but became ideal as it warmed up into the 50's later on..... neither conditions changed how the pbrs pulled away from my Iroks. These tires are the real deal, and if anyone seen them not perform in snow, gaurantee they weren't aired down enough and/or the power to turn them effectively.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Cant say that its just a very good option . Nice to see you out there today tim . Sucked we had to pull ron around all day. Next time he will leave his truck home . Yoir rig works killer with the 40s on it. Snow got good when we were leaving , we headed up pilken and played for a few. See you up there soon.

·
Premium Member
1,636 Posts
I got a little snow time yesterday with Irnmtn and friends. The snow was surprisingly good approx. 2/3' with good traction. I never saw anybody's tires pack up with snow. So the group had 42" PBR radials and 37" PBR radials both like new condition. Eric (Irnmtn) 40-42"? worn Iroc Radials, and my 39.5 Iroc radials like new. I have run Mickey Thompson 39.5x15.5x15 Baja claws with side biters Bias. In my opinion, for my rig, 3900 lb loaded, 86.5" wheel base, Bias just suck. The Bias would bag up from one side to the other causing my rig to wobble. I think we were all around 2/5 lbs. all tires had matching flex, were lifting and throwing clumps of snow and cleaning well. I wish I had my camera to show all the tires working, I had my door open looking at my tires while pullin' a rig down the trail and was surprised to see the shape of the tire with a load on it. The front of the tire was pulled tight to the wheel (15x10 beadlocks) the back looked stretched out a foot, the tire was totally elongated and it would have been a good pic for this thread. Rambling sorry, so my opinion, unless every tire was on matching rigs, same time, day, conditions there is no way to compare tires. My personal opinion, I think the Pitbull Rocker Radials with the wider square lugs (contact patch being a little wider) may be the best snow tire. Just my .02

·
Registered
96 Posts
Yea snow got good in the evening ron broke his serpentine belt on the yota so he took my trailer and rig to get his truck home. I stayed until dark playin around. Those were 42, on my truck. My chassis rig has the pbrs . Forcast called for rain so didnt want to bring it. This weekend we are going back and leaving the mall truck at home lol. Great to see you again.

·
Registered
12,268 Posts
Since we're adding 42s in the mix? Anyone like their 42 bias iroks? I have been constantly unimpressed with them on my buddies Toyota, even at 1 lb they don't seem to squat or work very well. Which is odd because I have had really good experiences with a few different sets of 39 bias iroks.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have 42 iroks on my truck super old and wore out, regroved them so they have about 50% tread they work killer ,super old and floppy though hahaha. My 41.5 pbrs are alot bigger side by side on the same wheel. Its hard to beat an irok in the snow. At the end of the day you can have a driver with 33s run circles around a clown wuth 40s. My buddy joc lives in bc and he runs an alluminum tub jeep with a nasty big block. Has been runnin 46 claws and now went to the radial pbrs with great luck. You will start seeing the snow wheelers going to them,havnt seen or used them on the rocks but then again im not a rock crawler. We will be headed up this weekend come out and i will toss you the keys and you can see first hand how they work.

161 - 180 of 307 Posts