Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up the vise, and scope levels, but I am going back and forth on which boresighter. Been looking at the leupold zero point and like that it should work with all guns, also looking at the mid level bushnell but it will also need the extra arbor for shotguns. Anyone have either or anything else that they really like?

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
I have the walmart laser one and other than having to use it at night or in a dark hallway it works fine. Always has gotten me on paper.

·
Premium Member
4,124 Posts
bore sighting stuff is a waste IMO... if the rifle is bolt action snatch out the bolt, look down the barrel at 20 yds. line it up as best you can and then squeeze one off. hold the gun perfectly still and move the cross hairs from the center to the hole. bust another to make sure it is on then do the same at 100. if it is auto or a shotty start with a big ass target and do the same. i do not know how much the bore sight things are but it would be better used for more ammo.

·
Premium Member
716 Posts
bore sighting stuff is a waste IMO... if the rifle is bolt action snatch out the bolt, look down the barrel at 20 yds. line it up as best you can and then squeeze one off. hold the gun perfectly still and move the cross hairs from the center to the hole. bust another to make sure it is on then do the same at 100. if it is auto or a shotty start with a big ass target and do the same. i do not know how much the bore sight things are but it would be better used for more ammo.
x2

Waste of time you can sight in just as fast without one. even with a "good" bore sighter youre still far from being dialed in.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Having a gun boresighted properly will save ammo and get you dialed in a lot quicker. Having to use slugs at 4-5 a piece I would prefer not to waste them. Also once you have the gun dialed in you can record your set up and verify your zero at a later time. Ill spend the 40-60 dollars and end up helping most of my friends too.

·
Registered
11,406 Posts
I've never used a laser boresight, but i wouldn't waste my money on one. I know three people that have had their guns "bore sighted" and the guns were still off when they went to shoot it. Basically it was pointless to have it boresighted and they lost money on paying someone to do it

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
I use a BSA boresighter, comes free from SWFA with you purchase certain scopes, for my scoped stuff and use a cheapo laser for my non scoped rifles. It gets you on paper at 100yds and from there you fine tune. Saves time at the range.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
I am looking for a boresighter too but for a different reason, welding sights to a previously sightless gun. I am concerned about running out of adjustment before the gun is dialed in and I think a layzer boresighter would get me in the ballpark range of the sights' adjustment.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts