Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im starting to look for a Tcase for my build. LJ with SD60 front, 14 rear, 5.13 gears, 500hp ls, th400 and 40's. I got a quote from advance adapters around 3k for an 2 speed atlas trail series. And thats not including shifters or adapters, so add about 600 at least to that price.

Iv done quite a bit of searching but figured I would throw this out there in case I missed something.
It looks like a ford NP205 would be a good option, I can pick one up around here for $100-250 and around another 500-600 for an adapter kit.
Additionally to that I can add a ORD box for another 2k for better gear selection and not have to use an adapter kit.
Is the 205 and ord box the best way to go? Is there something better? This rig will get beat, just seems 3,500 for a tcase is crazy when iv heard a $200 205 is stronger.

·
blatant asshole
11,690 Posts
I dont thing a stock 205 is stronger than a atlas. Theyre a out equal.

A ford 205 with the input swaped, redrill the face and take a chunk out of the stock adapter housing will be very strong. Not low geared and very cheap.

A nwf box is close to 1/2 $ of the ord and the same gear ratio.

You can get a big rear out pit for the 205 and be stronger than the atlas. But not as low geared as the atlas can be.

·
P.B.A.
4,344 Posts
Here would be my considerations in order Cheapness. I think you’ve got the wheel base might as well either go option #2, #4 or #5. No way I’d run first option unless I was out East and needed wheel speed.

Uber cheap 205

Cheapish nwf box/205

Expensive 2 speed atlas

Uber expensive 4 speed atlas

Ballin’ 3 speed twf hero

·
Premium Member
814 Posts
Run your stock 231 (I assume you don't have a Rubicon 241OR) and use the Advance Adapters Rubicrawler.

·
Registered
190 Posts
One thing that killed my atlas hopes were how short it made my front driveshaft(Cherokee xj). I would max out the cv on droop. No hesitation going the eco box np 205 route. I got the 205 basically for nothing. Better yet JB cables makes a cable shifter kit for my exact drivetrain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
722 Posts
Have you considered just a 241C with an SYE?

It won't net you a great crawl ratio, but better than just a 205 and they're plenty strong.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Save your self a headache and order an atlas... wait your year to get it, send it back cuz its wrong.. buy your shifters from Rory at Radesigns (you'll be mad when atlas's pos shifters shear) you wont regret it a bit. Fuck 205's and 10,000 pound doubler set ups.. I'd recommend trail worthy hero case. Your gonna spend some coin but you'll have it in a matter of days.. i love my atlas's.. but... advance adapter can fuck right off!! Lol

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Save your self a headache and order an atlas... wait your year to get it, send it back cuz its wrong.. buy your shifters from Rory at Radesigns (you'll be mad when atlas's pos shifters shear) you wont regret it a bit. Fuck 205's and 10,000 pound doubler set ups.. I'd recommend trail worthy hero case. Your gonna spend some coin but you'll have it in a matter of days.. i love my atlas's.. but... advance adapter can fuck right off!! Lol
Watching this thread...
This post needs to go to A.A. Customer support staff! Phawk 12 month pre order wait!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Watching this thread...
This post needs to go to A.A. Customer support staff! Phawk 12 month pre order wait!
A.A. wouldn't even know how to read it .. I dont understand a compamy with that bad of business practices is still in business let alone as big as they are..maybe at one time they were a good company but not now.. but the atlas is bad ass and worth its price.. I'd just try and pay extra for T.W. they at least apprectiate your business..oh and if i forgot.. Advance Adapter can fuck right off!! Lol!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts