Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who makes the best weld on beadlock rings?

I think these are in my near future.

Bobby Long now has some,
Rockstompers also...

Others.....

What is the best bang for the buck?

I'd support a board member even if it cost a few extra $$$$
as long as the quality is good.

Cory

·
Premium Member
3,240 Posts
The kits I'm going to get are from Rockbuggy supply. I talked with Alan about them and he says that they have another ring welded on to help to center the tire, they come with grade 8 buttonheads, and they lay inside the outer lip so you just lay them flat and weld away. They also add less overall rim width than others because they are inside the lip as opposed to on top of it. He goes by fjjunkie on the board or you can give him a call.

·
Registered
244 Posts
beadlocks

I just had my beadlocks from Bobby Long welded on Saturday. I went to his shop and picked them up. His rings fit inside the outer lip for easy welding. He now has added another smaller ring welded to the inner ring to keep the outer ring from caving inward. He said it will even out the pressure being applied by the ring. He showed me what the rings do without the new ring there,WHAT A DIFFENCE!! When I tighted my rings down they did not bend in at all. They look GREAT!

Attachments

·
Registered
244 Posts
Here's a little closer look at one, I also see he did a new write up on vendors showcase about the changes

Attachments

·
Registered
9,385 Posts
freds40 said:
The kits I'm going to get are from Rockbuggy supply. I talked with Alan about them and he says that they have another ring welded on to help to center the tire, they come with grade 8 buttonheads, and they lay inside the outer lip so you just lay them flat and weld away. They also add less overall rim width than others because they are inside the lip as opposed to on top of it. He goes by fjjunkie on the board or you can give him a call.
Rockequipment.com has some w/ a centering ring too. Not sure if the ring goes inside or on top of the lip though. He goes by TonyK on the board.

·
Registered
857 Posts
i am very happy with my Rockstompers

·
Registered
213 Posts
So do you send them your wheels and they weld them on or do you weld them on.

Is there a problem putting them on aluminum wheels?

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Rootbass said:
So do you send them your wheels and they weld them on or do you weld them on.

Is there a problem putting them on aluminum wheels?
No you order them and weld them on yourself or find a buddy that welds and offer a 6 pack:beer:

I can't think of the company that had a aluminum ring to weld to aluminum wheel and it had a steel outside ring

1 - 9 of 9 Posts