Pirate 4x4 banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
I'm seeing about 21psi when I'm passing 1250ºF; whether it would go higher, I have no idea, as I back off when I pass 1250ºF (I have a Scangauge with the annunciator feature that lights up when I pass that figure, so as soon as I see the light blink red, I get off the pedal).

I have the "no-codes" version of Jody's tunes, so no SES light.
what's the deal on the "no-codes" version, how is it different? I have the std. 60tow 80e, 120 race?

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
what's the deal on the "no-codes" version, how is it different? I have the std. 60tow 80e, 120 race?
From the FAQ on the webpage:

Q:What is different from the regular tunes and the "codes"tunes?

A: Jody has the 3 codes for Overboost,ICP pressures <>, and Exhaust back pressure set up so that the 3 pesky codes are NOT set under normal driving situations and make the check engine light come on. If you already have an ITP OB annihilator kit, Big Oil,or have gutted the EBPV then you will not need these tunes.
They were only $5 more than the ordinary tune, and kept me from having to build or buy a boost-fooler.

·
Registered
52 Posts
PC830, do you mean that is a good or bad way? Just wondering. I can see how the urge to play comes into effect now. I'm hoping my tank of fuel will last longer now with the econo setting.
Its a good and bad thing, as you noticed you want to go out and play around but i did gain 2 mpg with mine and since i just put the chip back in i haven't had the lightest foot since. The econ setting is great and if your running stock injectors that setting about maxes out the performance of the truck, so you have great performance with better fuel economy.

·
Registered
7,838 Posts
I'm seeing about 21psi when I'm passing 1250ºF; whether it would go higher, I have no idea, as I back off when I pass 1250ºF (I have a Scangauge with the annunciator feature that lights up when I pass that figure, so as soon as I see the light blink red, I get off the pedal).

I have the "no-codes" version of Jody's tunes, so no SES light.
I wonder what his 'no-codes' file is doing... kinda sounds like it might be toned down just enough so as to not set an over boost code or demand enough icp to set a code.

·
Registered
7,838 Posts
It takes my truck awhile to hit 1200 unloaded... here's a video of mine doing 0-100mph. Left guage is the pyro, 12 o'clock on the gauge is 900*. 2nd gauge over is boost and hit's 30psi on the run. That's in dp 120 race, turbonetics ball bearing turbo, full transgo tugger kit (I now have a fully built trans), stock injectors and then the usual intake, exhaust, boost fooler yada yada yada.

Do the leak tester and see... I found a few small leaks when I did that. What's the max boost you have seen? Are you setting off the SES light?

Click here to see Video
whoops, typo... 12 o'clock on the pyro is 800* not 900*...

21 - 25 of 25 Posts