Pirate 4x4 banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,015 Posts
buddy of mine swears by Raptor Liner, pick up the kit of: 4 quarts, plus reducer and gun... open one quart, fill up with reducer, screw onto gun and spray... requires a decent compressor tho...

·
Registered
789 Posts
+1 for Durabak. Stupid simple to apply (roll-on) and it comes premixed with a UV stabilizer or what ever they call it.

·
Registered
178 Posts
did my entire truck with Durabak liner. only thing i hate about it is the bed isnt as durable to abuse and the paint job holds stains from mud. but the stuff on the shell and fenders is tough. never scratches and if it dents will pop right back to original.

durabak gets my vote plus you can order in almost any color you want.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I put 3 coats of herculiner on, looked good for a couple of years. Now it looks like crap after 6 years. Its still sticking good but has become really thin on top where the sun hits the most. You can see some primer showing. Wouldn't recommend it!!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
131 Posts
yes herculiner sucks, the po of my rig did the rockers and the bed bob and it peels and thins out and is hard to clean. I would not suggest herculiner.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Al's Liner.... This is not bulletproof. It's good stuff, but certainly not that tough. Most of these DIY products are pretty good I guess.

I wanted MORE after doing my first liner. It just wasn't enough. So, I went looking and found spray-lining. They give you 2 gallons of material. So, I tried it out and got a thick tough ass bedliner. I think it would rival Al's Liner for sure.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Al's Liner.... This is not bulletproof. It's good stuff, but certainly not that tough. Most of these DIY products are pretty good I guess.

I wanted MORE after doing my first liner. It just wasn't enough. So, I went looking and found spray-lining. They give you 2 gallons of material. So, I tried it out and got a thick tough ass bedliner. I think it would rival Al's Liner for sure.
I did it in my 4runner, regretted it almost instantly. It finishes glossy, which is weird and annoying. If sprayed, it would probably be way better.

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
For people who have done there cab floors with herculiner did it cut down on noise much? would u recommend it?

·
Registered
4 Posts
i use the raptor liner on all my rental boats and it has worked really well. i'm going to be using it in my rig when its ready.

·
Registered
767 Posts
so how beefy of a compressor do you need to spray that junk. (raptor)

for those that have used it.. how much can you cover with proper thickness? I.E. the inside of a - long bed toy bed? short bed? inside of the cab? (floors) what?

my tech input for this thread. i was given 4 cans of some i forget the name but its in a rattle can and it comes out like flat black spray paint and doesnt stick half as good as the .99 cent walmart can of flat black. Its still on the places i DONT touch :shaking: but anywhere a shoe has been this stuff is not...
i think it may be from 3M?? whatever it is.. DO NOT BUY RATTLE CANS OF BED LINER!! save yourself the cash and disappointment.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I've used hurculiner for both the bed and in the cab on the floor boards. I was more than happy for the money spent.

·
Registered
6 Posts
You need between 50-250 psi do do a basic spray plus texture... A can of anything that's supposed to protect you from dings and bangs is just a really poor decision. You get what you pay for and these days thats subjective even on higher priced stuff.

Check out bestdealonbedliners.wordpress.com for a good price and quality comparison.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
so how beefy of a compressor do you need to spray that junk. (raptor)

for those that have used it.. how much can you cover with proper thickness? I.E. the inside of a - long bed toy bed? short bed? inside of the cab? (floors) what?
Did my shortbed S10 bed fine. There was not left, but I also told the guy who did it to use it all up. He put it on with a small compressor that he uses to paint cars and run air tools, like this.

·
Registered
767 Posts
You need between 50-250 psi do do a basic spray plus texture... A can of anything that's supposed to protect you from dings and bangs is just a really poor decision. You get what you pay for and these days thats subjective even on higher priced stuff.

Check out bestdealonbedliners.wordpress.com for a good price and quality comparison.
yea im glad i didnt actually buy the stuff, my buddy bought way too much for whatever it was he was doing.

Did my shortbed S10 bed fine. There was not left, but I also told the guy who did it to use it all up. He put it on with a small compressor that he uses to paint cars and run air tools, like this.

Ah ok, i have a big air compressor i just didnt know if i needed some kind of industrial monster since people were like "you need a BIG compressor"

Thanks Much :grinpimp:

·
Registered
208 Posts
A 20 gal tank unit is all that's needed for any DIY liner. If you go too small like with a nail gun unit you will run out of air too fast and the thing will just run continuously trying to replenish pressure. This is the tag on what we use to spray everything from paint to Monstaliner for testing or full projects. 50 to 100 PSI is the norm with 125 PSI being the max that any shop compressor will operate safely at.

Liners like Rhino, Line-X etc are sprayed at 1200 to 2000 PSI.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
As long as you stay away from 1 part roll on systems I think you will be pretty good with pretty much anything. Well, that's not entirely true, but for the most part the 2 part DIY spray bedliners are pretty tough. But then it comes down to quantity and support.
DIY Spray Bedliners

·
Registered
6 Posts
yea im glad i didnt actually buy the stuff, my buddy bought way too much for whatever it was he was doing.

Ah ok, i have a big air compressor i just didnt know if i needed some kind of industrial monster since people were like "you need a BIG compressor"

Thanks Much :grinpimp:
There's a range of application types and some definitely require "MONSTERS".... My experience with DIY is pretty simple, basic compressor. Polyurea is NOT going through your hopper :)

21 - 40 of 44 Posts