Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's time to shitcan my seats they are way worn out.
Hey I was wondering what are the most comfortable junkyard seats out there that require the least mods to them to work?
I have heard honda/acura seats work pretty nice.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I ran celica seats for a while and liked them alot... until I found a set of really nice prelude seats... i would still be running them if it wernt for the nice sr5 seats in my current ride...

Jeff

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I took my bench seat out in favor of seats out of a turbo 4runner. I like them alot but it does sit a little low. They are almost a complet bolt in and I just had to drill out maybe 2 or 3 holes for the back of the seat. I just ordered the seat lift kit from 4crawler so when I get it I am going to put it in and that should solve the problem of the back being low and give me alittle move visablility on the trail. For about $75 and not too much hassel it was well worth it and I didn't have to worry about my second t-case shifter hitting anything.

http://www.4crawler.com/4x4/CheapTricks/index.shtml#SeatHeight

·
Registered
513 Posts
ford probe, just bend front tabs down and cut the rear inner tab down about an inch and drill rear holes. i have a drivers electric set, they are sweet

·
Registered
645 Posts
in the mid 70's GM had cool spin out seats that were comforatable
i really think the 4runner seats i have are the one of the most comforatable i have ever sat in (more comforatable than my '05 tacoma seats)
lots of folks like the ford seats - the ones with 1000 adjustments for legs and back sides....

·
Registered
310 Posts
The early CRX seats are pretty good.. I've also run Nissan Pulsar seats.
Both sets were comfortable and had good side bolsters.
:p

·
Registered
4,004 Posts
I put this set of '92 Nissan Maxima seats in my Nova. I wouldn't hesitate to put a similar set of seats in my Toyota. They are incredibly comfortable and easily adapted.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Late 80's - early 90's Audi seats are cheap, comfortable, easy to find, and you can get heated ones...

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I would look at the seats in a late 80's to early 90's honda prelude. They are really comfortable and have a lot of support on the sides. If my seats werent good I would definitely get these. Check them out.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I have quaalude seats in my cruiser out of a 2001 prelude. They are the most comfortable seats I have in any of my cars or truck. My mini has a set of seats from a grand am (because they were like new for 10 bucks) I do not recommend them.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I have seat from a mid-90's integra in mine and they are excellent. I only had to re-drill the back center holes for each, the other 3 bolts fit factor mounted attachement spots (the outside back mount requried a hole cut in the carpet).

·
Registered
176 Posts
yep, i've got some 94 integra gsr seats and they fit great. only had to elongate one hole on the seat bracket.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
i use 99 ford mustang seats. Easy to adapt...4 holes and you're good to go.

·
Registered
11 Posts
also a really nice seats, 2004on up Tibron seats, leather....they're basicly racing seats almost direct bolt in...put them in my friends truck, and they're awesome!

1 - 20 of 61 Posts