Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a line lock for my cruiser. Does anyone make a kit or what manufactor would you recommend.

Peter

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
I used a Mico brand line lock on my first 40 for several years and never had a problem with it. It was the manual lever style, not the newer electric switch ones. It looks just like the one below, except it doesnt have the square box and wires on the back.

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Its basically a valve that "locks" the brake fluid pressure to hold your brakes.
Apply pressure to your brakes, hit the lever or switch and it holds that pressure till you move the lever or switch to release pressure.
If your factory e-brake works in your wagon, I wouldnt bother with a line lock.

you said 62 so I figured it was a wagon....not a 62fj/bj/kj/dj/lj/pj/ppj/or bbqj

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the advice. The factory lever is there, but that's about it. All cheby drivetrain= no factory e-brake. But the huge disk brakes out back do stop the 39.5's pretty well.

Any one have experience with Wilwood, or summit racings locks?

Peter

·
Registered
386 Posts
I would like a non-electric mico lock but the only ones i can find are electric. Where are you geting the mechanical Mico line locks from?

Thanks

·
Old Rock Doc
1,782 Posts
I have used a manual Mico line loc on my FJ40 for six years with no problems. I like it very much and use it all the time.

ps -- Toploader check out my new signature line -- that was soooo funnay!

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
I vote for Mico line locks. I have electrical ones on my FJ40. Also have mechanical mico line locks on my other FJ40.

I'd look for them on ebay.

I wouldn't trust my brakes to any other line locks than MICO.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
I'm running Biondo electric line locks I purchased from Summit Racing. These are rated to 3000 PSI, and are designed for race cars. I have one on each axle, and they are independently activated. Definitely not for overnight parking on a hill, by can't be beat for shorter periods of time. :)

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Vortec Cruiser, how was the Biondo lock to install? I'm assuming you bought the kit and the actual solenoid? If you were to just do one front, or rear?

Thanks,
Peter

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
If I were to use just one, I'd put it on the rear axle, like a parking brake. However, if your mechanical parking brake works well, then put the line lock on the front. Installation is very easy. I just installed each one near the axle, about a foot from where the brake line splits to each wheel. Run a ground wire to the frame, and amother wire to an energized toggle switch in the dash. A two banana job. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts