Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was not quite happy with the performance of my Scout, so I made some mods. Even though I have not driven it yet I am 100% sure it will be much better. I started out by removing the motor, tranny, t-case, and diffs. Then I took everything that I thought I could use and threw the rest of it away. I feel enlightened that I have broken free of the Scout. I highly recomend this as therapy for the sickness. :D

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did keep the hood and grill :smokin:

·
IH/Rover Moderator
20,917 Posts
I kind of had the same feeling today when I bought a 727 for my Mopar 408 swap. It's going to be nice to loose 250 lbs of IH fat! :bounce:

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Old Scout said:
I kind of had the same feeling today when I bought a 727 for my Mopar 408 swap. It's going to be nice to loose 250 lbs of IH fat! :bounce:
The more you lose the better it feels. :D

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Binder said:
:smokin:
I'm going to loose a pound or 1500 here soon too. :)
I seem to have heard something about that
:smokin:

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Old Scout said:

Are you driving your Scout yet, Bob?

Just wondering if you've even broken in the 345 yet.. :flipoff2:

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Urban Wheeler said:
:flipoff2:

I recall mine being a bit over 4000 lbs.
My stripped, but caged, Scout II is 3800lbs.

That's full width axles, 31" tires, 304/727/D20, body tub with inner/outer quarters, tailgate, outer front fenders/grille/lightened hood, racing buckets, and a cage.

In other words, no doors,dash,windshield,top,floor padding, backseat, inner fenders, heater, and all of that other junk.

·
Registered
12,401 Posts
Well, i've got the 345, still have my doors, no factory roll bar, the previous owner made one out of 4" muffler tube, ya that's strong. :rolleyes:

All the carpet has already been taken out for me, i'll be spray-lining the interior after lifting it. Probably going to get rid of the Fiero seats that he put in there too and go with some nicer Corbeaus. ;)
Back seat is staying put. Gotta have room for all the ladies ya know. :D

·
Registered
720 Posts
Rockabilly said:
this time around I'm trying to keep it aroud 4k, I'd give my left nut to be able to get under that..
If your left nut is big enough, that might just be the answer.

(I know I'm mostly just a noob, but someone had to say it!)

-Matt

1 - 16 of 16 Posts