Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was not quite happy with the performance of my Scout, so I made some mods. Even though I have not driven it yet I am 100% sure it will be much better. I started out by removing the motor, tranny, t-case, and diffs. Then I took everything that I thought I could use and threw the rest of it away. I feel enlightened that I have broken free of the Scout. I highly recomend this as therapy for the sickness. :D

·
IH/Rover Moderator
20,917 Posts
I kind of had the same feeling today when I bought a 727 for my Mopar 408 swap. It's going to be nice to loose 250 lbs of IH fat! :bounce:

·
Registered
5,104 Posts
Urban Wheeler said:
:flipoff2:

I recall mine being a bit over 4000 lbs.
My stripped, but caged, Scout II is 3800lbs.

That's full width axles, 31" tires, 304/727/D20, body tub with inner/outer quarters, tailgate, outer front fenders/grille/lightened hood, racing buckets, and a cage.

In other words, no doors,dash,windshield,top,floor padding, backseat, inner fenders, heater, and all of that other junk.

·
Registered
12,401 Posts
Well, i've got the 345, still have my doors, no factory roll bar, the previous owner made one out of 4" muffler tube, ya that's strong. :rolleyes:

All the carpet has already been taken out for me, i'll be spray-lining the interior after lifting it. Probably going to get rid of the Fiero seats that he put in there too and go with some nicer Corbeaus. ;)
Back seat is staying put. Gotta have room for all the ladies ya know. :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.