Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please tell me what the the best pump out there. Most powerful? Most reliable? And why

·
Registered
149 Posts
I don't know if they are the best. But I have read about HOWE steering pumps. They seem to be good. Give them a call, and I'm sure they can tell you all the specs. :p

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
KRC pumps...you can customize your flow by just changing one simple part...good price for the steel ones, or if you want bling they have aluminum ones...

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Put me down as a KRC supporter, bought one, nice quality part, it all fit nicely, and most importantly, "Just plain works" 42" swampers on full hydro. Very pleased.

WEPS

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I get the $30 checker/napa/autozone rebuilt unit, I modded the power piston assembly ala west texas offroad style. Plenty of pump.

Yeah, these KRC, Howe stuff is nice, but $BLING$
Lets talk about warranty... If you blow yours up 1000 miles form home, you're stuck.
If I blow mine up, I walk into checker/napa/autozone, swap it out for free, and have fun the rest of the weekend.

YMMV

·
Banned
16 Posts
I called the Howe guy a couple of weeks ago to get a cylinder. All I got was a lot of figgin attitude. I wound up at PSC for the cylinder. All I can say is, unless his tone changes, it'll be a cold day before I ever call that asshat again. I think the guy at PSC, Tom or whatever, really started the whole ball rolling anyway when he started AGR. I've heard that they have since gone down the toilet so he started PSC.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts