Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the best price you guys have seen for d44 hi steering arms. I found a guy locally that has them $250 a pair. Are there better prices out there that you guys have seen?

TIA
~Kirk

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Dont sacrafice quality for price, give parts mike a call

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
damn..

that sucks.. i bought my arms from Shaker.. haven't tried 'em out yet (still doing the axleswap), but i thought they were pretty beefy.. i believe they are about 3/4" thick.. where you running hydro assist? how exactly did the arm bend? seems like any arm would bend if you came down on it on a ledge..(if that were the case).

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
tkojeep said:
Whats the best price you guys have seen for d44 hi steering arms. I found a guy locally that has them $250 a pair. Are there better prices out there that you guys have seen?

TIA
~Kirk
I have rockstomper arms.

Who has them locally?

·
Registered
201 Posts
I got a pair of arms from Tim (shaker) too, I haven't tried mine out either...should I be worried about them bending?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
tri county gear in Pomona by my school in So Cal. There aren't any diecent 4x4 stores in the bay area.

~Kirk

·
Registered
657 Posts
Bigburlynakedguy said:
Here is a picture of a bent shaker arm. It lasted 3 trips.
You can prevent them from doing that but I made mine at least 1" thick to start with as you weaken it by grinding the relief flats and other angle related mods...

Just shorten the lever arm by connecting the end of the arm to the old tierod hole in the knuckle... It is just a piece of tube welded to the under side of the arm after it was tapped for 3/4" 16tpi bolt that comes up from the underside.

It's gonna take a good sized press to get that arm back to shape though - maybe on the next set! :flipoff2:

Matt

(oh yea my arms cost about 25$ in parts and materials)

edited- cause my grammar sucks!

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Yeah, the shakers are 3/4". I do not have hydro assist. I do drive a little hard at times. I think it happened when I stuffed the wheel in a hole and the jeep rolled up and over. I like the added strength of the tube bolted through the lower tie rod mount. That looks like it would help by giving it a little more rigidity.

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
Give TonyK a pm. He carries the 44 arms and are allot cheaper than $250 a pair. He carries allthe cone washers and studs too.

·
Registered
291 Posts
oh my why didn't someone warn me about the shakerbuilt arms before I bought them!!!!

I have a set of them and they do look pretty beefy but if it can break I will break it.

I like the idea of connecting the stock arm and the high steer arm for added strength.

BUT I use TRE and not heim joints. can anyone think of a way to connect them wit TRE?

·
Registered
6,145 Posts
Everyone quit panicking about the Shaker built stuff. One guy bent an arm. I have never heard any other bad stuff.

That said, I just built some 44 arms. They are a lot like the last ones pictured, 1", bolted to original hole. I would suggest buying a steering arm that runs a bolt through both the steering arm and the original tie rod location. Better design, way stronger.

·
Registered
16,673 Posts
FYI, PM has a 1.5" thick arm with correction:

I got the Shaker arms, and no wonder I need a spacer - I didn't realize they were only 3/4".

Bryan

·
Registered
729 Posts
unique concepts of tx has just released their new ones....they use solid 1.5 inch steal and have a 10 degree hole drilled in them with a sleave to all for all your joints proper alligtnment. I thuink they run like 225.

http://www.uniqueconceptsoftx.com

I dont think they are listed yet, but give them a call and tell them mike sent ya.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts