Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Know its been discussed before, but want to hear what type people have had luck with and where they got it from. Located in So Cal so shipping is most likely. Thanks in advance.

Huey

·
Registered
338 Posts
1-800-RADIATOR...Get a 3 row. I know an 87 4Runner with an automatic comes with a factory 3 row and it will bolt right up.

·
Premium Member
1,220 Posts
I've run a stock radiator since my truck was new. It's been cleaned once, and the top seam redone, but it's never given me any trouble, and I've abused it well in the Las Vegas heat.

·
Premium Member
4,400 Posts
Originally posted by Huey1:
<STRONG>Know its been discussed before, but want to hear what type people have had luck with and where they got it from. Located in So Cal so shipping is most likely.</STRONG>
I've been running a 3-row GoDan on my 4Runner for the last few years:

Radiator info

Been totally happy with it, got it at a local radiator shop.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Definitely go with the factory 3 row, it's core is 2" thick versus 1 1/4" for the 2 row. I just bought a brand new one from a radiator shop here in Fort Worth for $120. You can't beat that.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Originally posted by Bob Williams:
<STRONG>I've run a stock radiator since my truck was new. It's been cleaned once, and the top seam redone, but it's never given me any trouble, and I've abused it well in the Las Vegas heat.</STRONG>
You got some better pics of the truck in your sig?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a stock rad. out of a 90 I6 Wrangler with an elec fan. It works great and it was free.50, my buddy gave it to me when he swapped in a SBC 400 into his Jeep.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Originally posted by toylet:
<STRONG>I have a stock rad. out of a 90 I6 Wrangler with an elec fan. It works great and it was free.50, my buddy gave it to me when he swapped in a SBC 400 into his Jeep.</STRONG>
Did it bolt right in, or did you have to fab brackets for it?

·
Registered
11 Posts
yeah, it took a little work with the plasma cutter to get it in there. it was about 2" too wide and i had to make 2 new holes in the brackets on the rad., but the other holes lined up they way i positioned it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts