Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just installed a 3-Link in my D90 (leftovers from Doug's chop job/creation) and am curious to see what people think is the best spring combination for a 3 link. This is a trail truck that needs to get from home to the trail on its own. It is not a daily driver. I am interested to hear what people have to say about the RTE springs with a 3-Link as well as OME. I will be running 36's shortly and currently have OME 764's in the rear and 751's up the front with 9012 Ranchos on all four corners. Let me know what you think.

Christian

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Sloppy seconds eh? :flipoff2:

Seriously, I was running OME med duty rears in the front, and same for the rear with a 1.5" spacer....Seemed to be the best combo all around ONCE I retained the springs top and bottom, front and rear. With unretained rears I could never get the front to work well unless I ran 150lb springs....And I hated that.

Keep the CG low bro.

--D

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sloppy seconds :flipoff2: I was thinking more like good karma :) I was thinking about running 764's front and rear but wanted to hear what someone with real life experience had to say about it. What about Rover Tyme? What spring combo are people running with RTE springs? How do they compare to OME?

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
I am really happy with the 759 copies that Rovertym does. 260 lb spring (progressive) and 18 inches. Might be too tall for you though.

j

·
Premium Member
2,024 Posts
I ran my 3-link with 764's front and rear (with 1" spacer in the rear) for a while. This was okay when completely unladen on the trail. Put some tools in, and the spare and a passenger or two and the rear would sag a bit too much for my taste. I ended up running real live 759's in the rear with a 2.5" spacer, and then added a 1" spacer to the front, and was very happy with the result (would ramp 1200 plus on a 20 degree ramp).

The balance with this setup was very good with retained springs all around. I hope to duplicate the same balance on the 110 with 5" Rovertym lift springs to clear the 38" TSL SX's (custom grooved by KC, thanks man).

Billster

Attachments

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Bill your flex looks very even and sounds like it "road" well in its day. What size tires are you running in that picture? What off set wheel?

·
Premium Member
2,024 Posts
Tires are 35x14.5x15" Super Swamper SSR's, and the wheels were one-off jobbies from MRT 15x10" with 4" backspacing. As you can see the tires would bite the top of the wheelwells on occasion.

The balance was almost perfect with this combo. I was really happy with it (so of course I had to start from scratch again).

Billster

1 - 9 of 9 Posts