Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Rolling Mod
04 Wrangler Unlimited, 67 F100
41,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as my dad was putting plates on my van today, I looked in the garage at the stuff that was in my old Van. I saw 2 sets of loose jumper cables (derp) and was wondering if there was a clean way to put them in the van. (They were wedged behind the spare in old Van). Thoughts?

I just realized I don't have my slime compressor/plug kit in new van. Doh! :homer:

Yes it's a new car, yes I have AAA, but my man card says I need stuff in my car.

Wat say PBB?

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
I like to clip the ends to each other, roll them up, and use electrical tape or those velcro straps to hold them in place. Then tuck them under a seat, or put in the center of the spare tire.

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
Best way I've ever had them packaged was have them permanently attached to the battery and rolled up under the hood. Even if I needed the jump it was a few seconds to open the hood and unroll them. That way they were always where they would always be where I would need them with out having to store them.

·
Premium Member
3,796 Posts
I fold mine up and put them in an old Maxxis Draw String Bag. The fold that up and put it in my Vehicle Emergency Bag that i have.

The VEB holds, slime, compressor, tow strap, plug kit, simple hand tools, foldable military shovel, and reflective blanket. We also carry a supplies bag which has a cotton blanket, beef jerky, granola bars, water, provisions, etc. I originally put it together for my wife when we lived in Alaska. break down up there and you may not have service or amenities for miles on end.

·
Rolling Mod
41,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As I think about it, I'm almost sure I should just stick them in the spare tire well under the floor.

It's a 2015 Sienna, but cables are shit you are supposed to have.

·
Rolling Mod
41,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Best way I've ever had them packaged was have them permanently attached to the battery and rolled up under the hood. Even if I needed the jump it was a few seconds to open the hood and unroll them. That way they were always where they would always be where I would need them with out having to store them.
Interesting. with the vans "lift" I have tons of room under the hood.

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
Interesting. with the vans "lift" I have tons of room under the hood.
If there is a good safe space next to the battery it hides pretty well. I used those little bungy's with the plastic knot that wraps back to itself. Put a piece of rubber over something so that the free ends could be clamped onto it and the positive not arc out on anything. Just make sure they can't fall into the belts or on the exhaust and you'll forget you have them till you need them.

·
Premium Member
5,195 Posts
I use this, keeps them from snagging on everything else that's stuffed under the back seat of the truck.http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00GK4U24Y/

Work great for the air hose for my onboard compressor too.
I literally just ordered one of these this morning from Amazon after looking for a similar solution. Want to see if my recovery strap will roll up into one too for better daily driver organization.

·
Premium Member
14,734 Posts
YES for that bag.

I use the bag from amazon too.

It holds my extremely heavy/heavy-duty jumper cables just barely enough room :D

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
I hate dealing with the bags. Seems like I never get the cables rolled up just right, and never get them to fit back in well. I just end up stuffing the bag somewhere, and rolling the cables up and putting them somewhere else. I gave up on them years ago. If I need them in a bag, I use a tool bag like comes with cordless tools and put the cables and strap, clevis, etc in there as a kit that's easy to move around. In a car though, it's hard to beat the spot in the spare tire well.

·
Premium Member
19,800 Posts
I gave up on cables and now just carry the little lipo jump boxes. They hold their charge for months and I don't need anyone else to jump me.

·
Premium Member
2,447 Posts
I gave up on cables and now just carry the little lipo jump boxes. They hold their charge for months and I don't need anyone else to jump me.
Can you weld with those Mark? Just saying that I have broken into my water tube of Missle weld and cables more times than used for jump starting.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
This is an awesome idea and pretty sure this is what's happening on my DD.

The only thing I'd be concerned about is any sort of water crossing/hard rain/ect.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I cut my new cables about 2 feet back from the clamps and installed connectors that match my winch. Hot wire run directly back to the battery, negative to the frame. If I need to use the jumper cables , just unplug the winch and plug in the jumper cables. Bonus, if I kill my battery using the winch I can plug in the jumper cables to the winch side and run it from another vehicle or spare battery. to store the cables I roll them up and use a couple of "cable clamps" from these guys Home and store them under the rear seat.

·
Premium Member
8,699 Posts
I use the same one in the old color. Actually have a couple of them. One holds 25 foot plug in cables to a hard wired AMP connector on the bumper of the Dodge with a short set of adapters to plug into the AMP end with parrot clamps in case I don't use them on the truck.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts